Register to reply

What happened to the pictures on google earth?

by Physics is Phun
Tags: earth, google, happened, pictures
Share this thread:
Physics is Phun
Jul29-08, 06:26 PM
P: 94
Ever since I updated the last edition of google earth (which must have been a while ago now that I think of it) all those nice pictures that people have taken of places and put on panoramio that tag a location on the maps in google earth aren't there anymore.

I turn on all the different layers and all I get is a bunch of junk info but no pictures!
anyone know where this feature went?? i'm using v4.7

that was my favourite feature of google earth that you could go to a place and look at people's photos of it!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
mgb_phys
Jul29-08, 06:34 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,955
Working on my 4.1.7087.5048 (beta) on windows.
Select Geographic web

edit - still works on latest 4.3.7284.3916 (beta)
Physics is Phun
Jul29-08, 06:51 PM
P: 94
heh, that seems to have done it! although I swear I already did that...

thanks mgb!

Monique
Aug5-08, 02:44 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
What happened to the pictures on google earth?

I'm exploring the 'Street View' images of Google earth, is there a way to go to the next picture when inside the street view? Right now I need to exit the photo before I can click the next view It's a pretty cool feature though, now I can visit some old places in the US (Amsterdam street views might become available soon)
Andre
Aug7-08, 09:49 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,458
Talking about problems with google earth, is there any way to prevent the aggravating transition from looking down to oblique when zooming in? Most annoying.
JasonRox
Aug7-08, 09:52 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,329
Quote Quote by Monique View Post
I'm exploring the 'Street View' images of Google earth, is there a way to go to the next picture when inside the street view? Right now I need to exit the photo before I can click the next view It's a pretty cool feature though, now I can visit some old places in the US (Amsterdam street views might become available soon)
The arrows should be on the screen and you just click on them. So, technically you're walking around the city.
Monique
Aug7-08, 12:30 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Quote Quote by JasonRox View Post
The arrows should be on the screen and you just click on them. So, technically you're walking around the city.
Just clicking didn't work, I tried every key-click combination, which also didn't yield any result, then I tried double-clicking and that did the trick (so it's actually working now).

Register to reply