Register to reply

Orbs with faces

by danjroman
Tags: faces, orbs
Share this thread:
danjroman
Jul30-08, 01:04 PM
P: 13
So our grade 10 class was having our retreat in some farm here in the Phhilippines. This area is known to be "spooky" and many claim lots of weird things happening. I dont generally believe in these things but as soon as i saw these pics on my friends camera, it kind of freaked me out. Mind you, we saw these strange occurences in the camera prior to it being uploaded to a computer soo things couldnt have been altered. So yeah, its up to you on how you see this.
Attached Thumbnails
asdafaf.jpg   IMG1050.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
russ_watters
Jul30-08, 04:51 PM
Mentor
P: 22,213
You'll have a difficult time convincing me that that is anything but a hoax. Starting with unedited photos would help.... Do you have a place you can upload them to? Or crop the unedited photos to show only the dust spots and save them at full resolution, with little compression.

Large dust spots typically have common features such as bright fringes and concentric circles, that those don't have.
WarPhalange
Jul30-08, 05:25 PM
P: 343
Human brains are basically designed to find patterns and familiar shapes in things that might not have them. That's why people find Jesus on cheese sandwiches, crackers, windows, etc.

mgb_phys
Jul30-08, 05:31 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,955
Orbs with faces

Quote Quote by WarPhalange View Post
Human brains are basically designed to find patterns
Specifically human faces.
You are the result of 100,000 generations of babies that saw a mothers face and responded to it for food. The ones that were more interested in recognising fractals in leaf patterns didn't make it.
jostpuur
Jul30-08, 06:31 PM
P: 2,022
Quote Quote by WarPhalange View Post
Human brains are basically designed to find patterns and familiar shapes in things that might not have them. That's why people find Jesus on cheese sandwiches, crackers, windows, etc.
This is true, but the faces on the first picture of the original post are little bit too clear faces to be explained purely by the human tendency to see familiar things. Photoshopping or some other trickery remains as the most natural explanation, at least in the lack of better information.

In the second picture, I don't see anything unusual, actually.
Jeremy Vaeni
Jul31-08, 01:39 PM
P: 1
I know the brain is trained to see what it wants to see, but that's not the answer here. Very clearly there is a face and you don't need to squint or turn the photo sideways to see it. My guess is it's a hoax. If it's not a hoax, could it be that somehow the faces of the people in the photo are being reflected in what amounts to an accidental in-camera effect?
Boogeyman
Jul31-08, 03:17 PM
P: 73
Quote Quote by Jeremy Vaeni View Post
If it's not a hoax, could it be that somehow the faces of the people in the photo are being reflected in what amounts to an accidental in-camera effect?
I was thinking the same thing.
bassplayer142
Aug1-08, 09:58 PM
P: 422
I have seen many orbs in pictures and they don't look like faces. It is probably a hoax and since nobody can prove anything about a digital camera why bother?
KellyD
Feb27-09, 09:28 AM
P: 1
I actually have a ton of pic's with orbs in them! They seem to be atrracted to me! I have a great one with a face in it that you can't deny! I'll put it on here! I also see lights and ethegeric engery.I've been seeing it since march 15th 2008 it just happened one night standing outside and hasn't gone away! I see it every night! light's activity going on around people and objects, while life goes on that other people don't see!I can see Energy! I'm a 33 yr old good christian girl I don't do drugs or drink! lol that's not why I'm seeing things. I see what they are picking up on camera! ;) So don't be sooo quick to doubt! There is more going on then meets the eye! litterally! Actually some people practice to see what I see! I've since researched it a little, cause I was a little scared at first and you can get in tune with your third eye "your pineal gland" and see it too we all have the ability we just have closed minds!!!! I wasn't trying for this gift. I just was blessed with it! There are Angels and spirits around us!Take Care&God Bless!
~Kelly~;)
nottheone
Feb27-09, 12:03 PM
P: 94
Quote Quote by russ_watters View Post
You'll have a difficult time convincing me that that is anything but a hoax. Starting with unedited photos would help.... Do you have a place you can upload them to? Or crop the unedited photos to show only the dust spots and save them at full resolution, with little compression.

Large dust spots typically have common features such as bright fringes and concentric circles, that those don't have.
A hoax? LOL If this is a hoax so is every picture with reflections or double exposures. Why jump to the conclusion it's a hoax when a simple explanation will do? An explanation that happens all the time. So often that when one turns up where they look like something it isn't too surprising, at least not to some people who know a bit about photography. In this case I would guess spots on the lens rather than reflections or double exposure. A liquid that dried on the lens could leave that wrinkled effect as the edge of the liquid retreats.
zoobyshoe
Feb27-09, 06:07 PM
P: 5,625
The second picture has some garden variety whispy spots: could be liquid drops or fingerprints on the lens.

In the first picture there is an ornamental mask hanging on the ceiling beam to the right of center. The "orb-with-face" toward the left is obviously another ornamental mask which deliberately or accidentally got photographed such that it looks to be floating and somewhat transparent.
electrogluon
Mar26-09, 03:54 PM
P: 12
this might sound quite strange but i have a picture of an orb that has a gamma symbol from the greek alphabet in
Anticitizen
Apr9-09, 12:00 AM
P: 128

I thought it looked familiar.

Fake or not, the first image is creep city.
junglebeast
Apr9-09, 10:00 AM
P: 462
The strangest thing about this is that, as I was looking at the picture, a new orb appeared! I took a screenshot of it so you all could see..

If it weren't for the faces, the orbs look just like regular water droplets on the lense. Notice how the faces appear to be semi spherized, and that the eyes appear white. The bright light of a flash causes red-eye by reflecting off the back of your eyeball, and convering this back into grayscale, can make the eye appear to glow white;

Reflection off of the spherical surface of a water droplet could have the spherizing effect. Water droplets could be either on the lense itself, or micro-droplets that got onto the optics inside the camera.

It's also highly possible that the poster is flat out lying, as this is the simplest explanation, and as I have shown, it's not difficult to manufacture this time of effect in Photoshop.
joe-g
Apr20-10, 05:56 AM
P: 7
this took me a bit to do, but as you see these are real, no fakes, they have cheeks eyes nose even hair, let me know what you think
here is 2 i took from within the orb that was in my room,
here is the original picture of the orb on the black border,

Edit by Ivan for size
russ_watters
Apr20-10, 08:33 AM
Mentor
P: 22,213
Joe I certainly believe your pic is real as. It shows nothing but a garden variety dust spot.
MotoH
Apr20-10, 08:44 AM
P: 237
My GOD! That picture is huge! Re-size, re-size, re-size sector 5-alpha

Orbs are just reflections off of different bits of atmospheric particulates.
DaveC426913
Apr20-10, 09:20 AM
P: 15,319
I spent ten years processing peoples' pictures.

danjoroman's first pic contains garden-variety focus artifacts; dust in the forground caught in the flash.
Snow does the same thing.
http://aprilius20.files.wordpress.co...5/dscn3530.jpg
http://aprilius20.files.wordpress.co...5/dscn3531.jpg
Same thing with snow:
http://dbeckerman.files.wordpress.co...swalk-2706.jpg
etc. etc.

The faces have been PhotoShopped in.

joe-q's pic is a similar focus artifact, though it is not dust or snow and has not been doctored. Most likely a smear of liquid on the lens.
http://www.sharonscreativeart.com/Ni...0on%20lens.jpg

There is nothing even the least bit mysterious or intriguing about these images.

Register to reply