Register to reply

How to find Indicated mean effective pressure?

by falik
Tags: effective, pressure
Share this thread:
falik
Aug31-08, 11:08 AM
P: 6
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

A 4 stroke, single cylinder engine working on constant volume cycle, developes 7.5 KW brake power at 60 rev/sec the mechanical efficiency being 80%. The pressure at the begining of compression is 0.97 bar, the engine has a volumetric compression ratio of 7 and the maximum pressure reached in the cycle is 34 bar. If both compression and expansion is according to the law PV= costant where n=1.38, calculate Indicate Mean Effective Pressure ?
2. Relevant equations

indicated power = Pm x Lx A x N

3. The attempt at a solution

well i have tried different methods, but could`nt solve it, if anyone can help me with that ? i`ll b really gratefull. thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
falik
Aug31-08, 11:26 AM
the thing is that, there is no stroke or bore given in the question and if i use the volumetric compreesion ratio V1/V2 = 7 and put it in

P1V1^1.38 = P2V2^1.38

then i m getting nothing ? obvioulsy to calculate the Effective Pressure ( Pm ), bore or length of stroke should b known,
through the mechnical efficiney i got the indicated power !! but wat to do next ? kindly guide me.

Pm= Indicated Power/ LAN

how to get AxL ???
falik
Sep1-08, 10:57 AM
well i had a very poor experience regarding this forum anyway i do like to leave one suggestion for the admin who r running this forum and that is kindly add one more thing in the topic " Why My Question Is Not Answered ? "

Its not necessary that admin can slove all the prbs, they r also not in full command of the subject.

Byez.

Register to reply