Register to reply

Mechanism with up and down movement?

by rvr1974
Tags: mechanism, movement
Share this thread:
rvr1974
Sep7-08, 09:23 AM
P: 2
Hi ... I was trying to figure out a mechanism which allows for up and down movement. I figured a piston with crankshaft... anyone has any other possibilities?
Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
jaap de vries
Sep7-08, 11:03 AM
P: 254
How about an elevator? How about a car jack, or a fork-lift? You need to be more specific in order to answer your question.

Mainly: size, force, speed.
firavia
Sep7-08, 11:06 AM
P: 136
I have a simple mchanism that is composed by 2 pistons as the attached figures shows
Attached Thumbnails
mechanism.JPG  

ank_gl
Sep10-08, 03:58 AM
P: 735
Mechanism with up and down movement?

@firevia, how do you plan to move pistons??

@rvr, there are lot of ways to get linear motion, deciding factor remains the application. You ll have to come up with an application to decide which one to choose.
firavia
Sep10-08, 12:10 PM
P: 136
well it is simple , we should install a rod with a cam for the horizental piston and install an electric motor to the (cam-cranck shaft) , velocity can be easily calculated depending on the rpm of the electrical motr , but to make a full design I need configurations.
ank_gl
Sep11-08, 11:20 AM
But why do you need the second piston?? You already have a linear reciprocating motion with cam!
And by the way, the linkage you showed is a double slider 4 bar chain, its an elliptical trammel
ank_gl
Sep11-08, 11:23 AM
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/imag...5/10302774.jpg
rbeale98
Sep11-08, 12:47 PM
P: 52
a bearing allows for vertical motion

Register to reply