by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: None
Greg Bernhardt
Sep16-08, 02:00 AM
Admin
P: 8,542
Piled Higher & Deeper by Jorge Cham
www.phdcomics.com
title: "I should be done in..." - originally published 9/15/2008 For the latest news in PHD Comics, CLICK HERE!

More...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Redbelly98
Sep16-08, 07:30 AM
Mentor
P: 11,989
Greg,

A black hole from the Large Hadron Collider has obliterated the comic. Luckily, it evaporated before doing any real damage.

Would you mind reposting?

Thanks,

Mark
Borek
Sep16-08, 08:00 AM
Admin
P: 22,710
That's almost always the case - at least at the beginning to see a picture you have to follow the link.

Could be that's always the case, just sometimes I don't see the post early enough.

Moonbear
Sep16-08, 05:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257

09/15/08 PHD comic: 'I should be done in...'

Quote Quote by Redbelly98 View Post
Greg,

A black hole from the Large Hadron Collider has obliterated the comic. Luckily, it evaporated before doing any real damage.

Would you mind reposting?

Thanks,

Mark
I fixed it. It seems they're arriving with HTML code for the images instead of BB code again. I thought the problem had been resolved a while ago, but it seems to be back. You can report the broken links, and we can manually fix them.
Redbelly98
Sep17-08, 09:30 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
I fixed it.
Thanks! Good comic too, really hits home with me (fortunately I am long finished by now)

You can report the broken links, and we can manually fix them.
Ah, I have a question about that. If I hit the Report button, a note appears saying
"This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) and unappropriated posts"
So should I PM somebody about broken links, or ignore this note and use the Report button anyway?

Thanks,

Mark
Moonbear
Sep19-08, 07:42 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Thanks! Good comic too, really hits home with me (fortunately I am long finished by now)

Ah, I have a question about that. If I hit the Report button, a note appears saying
"This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) and unappropriated posts"
So should I PM somebody about broken links, or ignore this note and use the Report button anyway?

Thanks,

Mark
You can ignore that. It's the vBulletin default message. Anything that needs a mentor's attention or repair job can be reported. You could PM someone too on these, since any of us can fix this problem and it's not so urgent it can't wait for us to get back online if we're not around at the time.
Redbelly98
Sep19-08, 08:16 AM
Mentor
Thanks MB!
DaleSpam
Sep21-08, 07:55 AM
Mentor
P: 16,485
Yeah, same here. The middle of that "tunnel" is so depressing. I always thought med students had it tough on the one hand due to the insane schedule they force, but easy on the other hand since they know the end from the beginning.
Redbelly98
Sep21-08, 08:36 AM
Mentor
Grad school is the snooze button on the clock radio of life.

Register to reply