Keeping homework threads where they belong

by Ben Niehoff
Tags: belong, homework, keeping, threads
Ben Niehoff
Sep21-08, 01:30 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,563
Most of the "ordinary" forums have become unreadable (especially in the math section), because they are flooded with homework questions that belong elsewhere. This is quite annoying and has a tendency to suppress actual discussions about math and physics subjects which might otherwise occur (and do occur during the academic off-season).

Is there anything that can be done? I know that it is a lot of work to move posts and remind people of the rules, especially on a large forum such as PF. Considering how annoying it is, I don't think it would be out of line to simply delete the posts without warning; but I know that is a lot of work, too.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Borek
Sep21-08, 02:15 PM
Admin
P: 22,679
September fever.
cristo
Sep21-08, 02:31 PM
Mentor
P: 8,287
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
September fever.
Exactly!

Yes, we do try and move as many homework questions as we find, but a good thing for members to do is to use the "report" button to bring the thread to our attention to enable it to be moved quicker.

Moonbear
Sep21-08, 04:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257

Keeping homework threads where they belong

Quote Quote by cristo View Post
Yes, we do try and move as many homework questions as we find, but a good thing for members to do is to use the "report" button to bring the thread to our attention to enable it to be moved quicker.
Yes, please, REPORT REPORT REPORT!!!

I don't regularly visit the math forum, but if I see post reports of misplaced homework, I will go in and move those.
Gokul43201
Sep23-08, 06:08 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,154
Quote Quote by Ben Niehoff View Post
Most of the "ordinary" forums have become unreadable (especially in the math section), because they are flooded with homework questions that belong elsewhere.
Couldn't agree more.

Register to reply