Register to reply

Obama vs. McCain test. What d'you think?

by Chi Meson
Tags: dyou, mccain, obama, test
Share this thread:
Ivan Seeking
Sep22-08, 05:30 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Quote Quote by jimmysnyder View Post
The test is biased against Obama. The questions require you to think about your positions.
Funny, but the conservatives on Wall Street are saying just the opposite.
Evo
Sep22-08, 05:50 PM
Mentor
P: 26,444
10 Obama
3 Mccain
quadraphonics
Sep22-08, 06:23 PM
P: 270
It's very easy to produce whatever result one wishes on this test, provided one has paid a bit of attention to the campaign, and politics in general. Almost every quote on there has some give-away language; many of them have been elevated into catch-phrases by the media.

That said, Obama 8 to McCain 2.
Chi Meson
Sep22-08, 06:56 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
Quote Quote by quadraphonics View Post
It's very easy to produce whatever result one wishes on this test, provided one has paid a bit of attention to the campaign, and politics in general. Almost every quote on there has some give-away language; many of them have been elevated into catch-phrases by the media.
That's what I was wondering about. I thought I could have figured who said what, but I tried to be "blind" in that analysis. I must declare that I am mostly "unpolluted" by television media (no cable). I get news from NPR, NYT, and WSJ. And Colbert (via Hulu.com)
Ivan Seeking
Sep23-08, 12:41 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Quote Quote by Chi Meson View Post
That's what I was wondering about. I thought I could have figured who said what, but I tried to be "blind" in that analysis. I must declare that I am mostly "unpolluted" by television media (no cable). I get news from NPR, NYT, and WSJ. And Colbert (via Hulu.com)
You realize that the WSJ is now owned by the same guy who brought us Fox News - the most dishonest news source to be found anywhere beyond the grocery store checkout stand.
quadraphonics
Sep23-08, 02:54 AM
P: 270
I don't get TV service of any kind, but I think internet access more than makes up for that when it comes to media exposure of this type...
Flat
Sep23-08, 08:28 AM
P: 75
I was:
7-mccain
6-obama

Still not a big fan of either though.
Chi Meson
Sep23-08, 08:43 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
You realize that the WSJ is now owned by the same guy who brought us Fox News - the most dishonest news source to be found anywhere beyond the grocery store checkout stand.
Yes, I am sadly aware of that and I am also keenly aware of FOX-like agenda-news. I had been reading WSJ for years to make sure I was getting the "other side" from the NYT.

As far as what they report, they say the same thing, and you have to read the editorials to get the feel for the attitude. I have to admit, I am uncomfortable reading any editorial.

I have not seen a change in the quality of the Journal's news, nor a shift in the tenor of the editorials since the takeover. I am vigilant, though.
Amp1
Sep24-08, 11:40 AM
P: 107
I got 10-3 in favor of Obama.
LowlyPion
Sep24-08, 12:53 PM
HW Helper
P: 5,343
41 days to election.

118 days to inauguration.

Bye. Bye. Bush.
Evo
Sep24-08, 12:55 PM
Mentor
P: 26,444
Quote Quote by LowlyPion View Post
41 days to election.

118 days to inauguration.

Bye. Bye. Bush.
What if the alternative is "Hello Palin"?
Jimmy Snyder
Sep24-08, 01:31 PM
P: 2,179
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
My lovin' baby is through with me.
LowlyPion
Sep24-08, 01:53 PM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
McCain will at least be better than the insipid Bush, and if this calamity is truly visited upon us we must fervently pray for McCain's health and hope that he doesn't drag us into another stupid war.
LowlyPion
Sep24-08, 01:54 PM
HW Helper
McCain pulling out of debates and returning to Washington for bailout talks.

What a perfect excuse for Chicken Little.
LowlyPion
Sep24-08, 02:01 PM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by AP
Sep 24 02:51 PM US/Eastern

NEW YORK (AP) - John McCain wants to delay debate with Obama to focus on economic crisis.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
Amp1
Sep25-08, 11:47 AM
P: 107
I think its a tactic to give them more time to tutor Palin for Biden(He wants to delay her and Biden). It also allows McCain to try to brush up on his own skills.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...ins-vp-debate/

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...g-vp-debate-2/

Register to reply