Male-Female Strength/Wrestling Question

• Thread starter hikepoet
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various experiences and opinions on male versus female strength. Some participants share personal experiences of being surprised by a woman's strength, while others mention the importance of technique and fitness level. There is also a discussion on the difference in strength between pre- and post-puberty and the role of puberty in determining strength. Some participants also mention the strength differences between men and women in general.
FizixFreak said:
you guy have probably seen it before but just for interest take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mfn5As4G5o&feature=related

when i saw it for the first time it really hurt my manly ego(which every man should have i think)

What the heck is "many ego"... is that like, "Machismo"? I'd say that any false sense of superiority is a weakness... hence your initial pain compared to saaaay, DanP who was probably unfazed and unsurprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
nismaratwork said:
What the heck is "many ego"... is that like, "Machismo"? I'd say that any false sense of superiority is a weakness... hence your initial pain compared to saaaay, DanP who was probably unfazed and unsurprised.

First of all it is manly ego not many ego and by manly ego(probably poor choice of words English is not my first language) i meant the competitive aspect of nature of men which forces them to compete and become better at any thing that aspect is not so much pronounced in females(may be they can compete for "who can make the sandwich faster") and for men that type of competitive nature is a good thing so when you see a women hitting harder than a man that ego does get hurt but i am not being an idiot about it the women used better technique and she deserves respect for that.
By the i have no false sense of superiority on women.., are you male or female(just asking nothing sexist about it) and what the hell is machismo?

FizixFreak said:
First of all it is manly ego not many ego and by manly ego(probably poor choice of words English is not my first language) i meant the competitive aspect of nature of men which forces them to compete and become better at any thing that aspect is not so much pronounced in females(may be they can compete for "who can make the sandwich faster") and for men that type of competitive nature is a good thing so when you see a women hitting harder than a man that ego does get hurt but i am not being an idiot about it the women used better technique and she deserves respect for that.
By the i have no false sense of superiority on women.., are you male or female(just asking nothing sexist about it) and what the hell is machismo?
Rather than having your ego hurt, why don't you go to a boxing gym if you have such a competitive nature ? Go and strength train also. Better yourself. If you want to punch hard, doit. In a year of diligent training you can attain enough power to knockout cold someone of your own weight. Sure, youll still have to connect that punch, but that's another story :P

The physical condition of many men today is a sorry joke. Despite their "competitive nature" they choose to stay on their wide asses at TV all day long, slowly turning in slobs of fat. What is this competition about ? Who among us will become the weaker and fattest ?

Last edited:
DanP said:
Rather than having your ego hurt, why don't you go to a boxing gym if you have such a competitive nature ? Go and strength train also. Better yourself. If you want to punch hard, doit. In a year of diligent training you can attain enough power to knockout cold someone of your own weight. Sure, youll still have to connect that punch, but that's another story :P

The physical condition of many men today is a sorry joke. Despite their "competitive nature"
they choose to stay on their wide asses at TV all day long, slowly turning in slobs of fat. What is this competition about ? Who among us will become the weaker and fattest ?

As far as the training goes i am on it currently doing weight training and have done some kickboxing in the past although i am on the novice level but i will get somewhere in a year or so or at least that is what i hope but this really does not have anything to do with my views men are naturally more competitive but not necessarily in a physical manner.

And yeah some men do act like slobs but if all men start acting like the alpha males then how would average men like me find any women:biggrin:

FizixFreak said:
As far as the training goes i am on it currently doing weight training and have done some kickboxing in the past although i am on the novice level but i will get somewhere in a year or so or at least that is what i hope but this really does not have anything to do with my views men are naturally more competitive but not necessarily in a physical manner.

Good, take care not to get your *** kicked by a competitive girl. Yes, statistically men exhibit more competitive behavior than woman and have higher levels of aggression. So what ?

Stay involved in sports enough time, and you will cease to be so freaked out by the physical prowess of the women. You will see that they are phenomenal athletes.

Last edited:
DanP said:
Good, take care not to get your *** kicked by a competitive girl. Yes, statistically men exhibit more competitive behavior than woman and have higher levels of aggression. So what ?

Stay involved in sports enough time, and you will cease to be so freaked out by the physical prowess of the women. You will see that they are phenomenal athletes.

Are you a chick?
I mean you talking so much about GIRL POWER what is wrong with you?

When my daughter was 6 years old, she could beat me at arm wrestling consistently.

FizixFreak said:

Machismo is the Spanish word for what you just described.

FizixFreak said:
This is the what regular guys think about women...

If by regular guys, you mean:

a) late teens/ early 20's
b) never grew up

then yeah.

Pythagorean: Arrested Development: not just a funny TV show after all.

FizixFreak said:
Are you a chick?

From a large experience in athletics I seen that usually men having their ego bruised by the physical prowess of women are generally weaklings who can barely hold their own in any competition whatsoever. In a word, some of those who lacked motivation and competitive wish to raise to competitive status started to be envious not only on men who raised above them, but also on the females who managed to get medals, bashing them and inventing reasons why those girls got the medals. You know what are the reasons those girls got medals ? Hard work.

There is nothing wrong with me. However, I am tired of males who bash females involved in athletics when they are pretty much big zeroes in competition. DO you want to be misogynistic to female athelthes ? Raise at least to where they raised. Then you get a saying. Until then, you shut up and respect them. You don't got a saying in this. Because till then you are weaker then them. From all points of view. Will, motivation, determination and consistence, relative physical attributes, technical preparedness.

And perhaps you would like to tell to Rijker that she is only good to fold clothes ? Got a sudden desire to be hospitalized ?

Last edited:
nismaratwork said:
Machismo is the Spanish word for what you just described.

Being macho is not a problem in my view. But there is a difference between being macho and being a wide-mouth parrot. The later lacks any attributes whatsoever to be macho, all he has
is a bruised ego.

This year, Iowa had a female qualify the for the state championship for the first time in the state's history (top 16 wrestlers in the state qualify). In fact, two girls qualified! Considering how big wrestling is in Iowa, that's a surprise.

One was pinned in both her matches and is out of the tournament. The other, Cassy Herkelman, became the first girl ever to win a match at the state tournament when she won her first match by default. Her opponent, Joel Northrup, who finished 3rd in state last year, forfeited because his religious beliefs prevented him from wrestling a girl. Herkelman lost her second round match and now drops into the loser's bracket (where Northrup is still alive after winning his first match in the loser's bracket).

Iowa State Wrestling Tournament

Last edited:
BobG said:
This year, Iowa had a female qualify the for the state championship for the first time in the state's history (top 16 wrestlers in the state qualify). In fact, two girls qualified! Considering how big wrestling is in Iowa, that's a surprise.

One was pinned in both her matches and is out of the tournament. The other, Cassy Herkelman, became the first girl ever to win a match at the state tournament when she won her first match by default. Her opponent, Joel Northrup, who finished 3rd in state last year, forfeited because his religious beliefs prevented him from wrestling a girl. Herkelman lost her second round match and now drops into the loser's bracket (where Northrup is still alive after winning his first match in the loser's bracket).

Iowa State Wrestling Tournament

Yeah, I know about this. It's great work for the girls. However I do not believe that having mixed male and females events in sport competition is a good idea.

DanP said:
Yeah, I know about this. It's great work for the girls. However I do not believe that having mixed male and females events in sport competition is a good idea.

I agree with that. But it's great to train together, I think.

I wrestled, am not religious, but I sure as hell would have been too shy to wrestle with a girl... not because of her, but because I was a BOY! It's frankly awkward enough to get into a 'onesie' with ear-cups and 'special' shoes with another guy at that age.

The important thing here is that he FORFEITED, he didn't whine or sue. He made a decision, or his parents did, but either way they did it at their own expense both socially and otherwise, not hers.

Still, let me put this out there: In professional sports you have a nearly universal (it seems) use of 'illicit' performance enhancing... let's just say "methods" at this point. It's a joke to think that there is ever an even playing field, so frankly if a woman (read: WOMAN) wants to wrestle with men (again, MEN), go for it. Win or lose, who cares?

I will say this: one of the most basic tactics in G-R wrestling is to make your opponent WANT to lose; you want them to stop bridging and be PINNED. One of the totally accepted ways to do this is to dig your chin like a freaking drill into your opponent's sternum.

1.) This is quite painful, and like many men, I was raised to avoid hurting women at nearly any, if not all, costs.
2.) At that age, sticking my chin into a girl's chest and digging might be a LITTLE awkward.
3.) Fireman's Carry, and a number of other moves just... damn.

Again, if a woman came to me now and wanted to wrestle, I'd decline, but I don't think it's wrong. In a tournament of adults, I'd take the challenge, but I'd be lying if I said that I'd use the same pain-compliance techniques. I could train myself to, but WHY?!... I LIKE having a serious reservation about causing women pain.

By the same token, fencing with women is the best practice you can get; they'll usually beat you. It's not a competition issue in my mind, it's about cultural asymmetries due to physical realities.

Besides... I guarantee that kid will be more concerned about, "unintended consequences" in the cup region, for him and her. You can't just throw away literally a lifetime of lessons and training and start manhandling a girl. You can try, but it'll just show you that in fact, you DO fight like you train.

FizixFreak said:
Are you a chick?

Above size/img snip mine.

Hmmmm... isn't linking to an image containing profanity prohibited?... you chick magnet you?

lisab said:
The young lady (I had known since she was a toddler) who taught me to kayak in white-water was a monster. She injured a shoulder and ended up living in a room in the basement of the most prominent gym in the state. I started weight-training around that time, and she needed heavier spotting than I did. Soon, she was the Women's Junior World Champion power-lifter in her weight class and later the Women's World Champion. If I happen to run into her somewhere, I always brace for impact, because the hugs alone are devastating. She's 5-foot nothin' and as solid as a hydrant.

It was fun to train with her, in part because she was such a demanding partner, always demanding "one more rep" with correct form. Sweet, but mean in the gym.

DanP said:
From a large experience in athletics I seen that usually men having their ego bruised by the physical prowess of women are generally weaklings who can barely hold their own in any competition whatsoever. In a word, some of those who lacked motivation and competitive wish to raise to competitive status started to be envious not only on men who raised above them, but also on the females who managed to get medals, bashing them and inventing reasons why those girls got the medals.

You know what are the reasons those girls got medals ? Hard work.

There is nothing wrong with me. However, I am tired of males who bash females involved in athletics when they are pretty much big zeroes in competition. DO you want to be misogynistic to female athelthes ? Raise at least to where they raised. Then you get a saying. Until then, you shut up and respect them. You don't got a saying in this. Because till then you are weaker then them. From all points of view. Will, motivation, determination and consistence, relative physical attributes, technical preparedness.

And perhaps you would like to tell to Rijker that she is only good to fold clothes ? Got a sudden desire to be hospitalized ?
DUDE! why the hostility? if you read my previous post i did admitted that women can be more fit/strong then some men,some researches also show that women can endure more pain then men,the role of women is not restricted to just sports and athletics they have played a great role in the well being of man kind i mean you and i came into this world because of a women and a women raised us to become what we are today.

I believe that men and women are made equal but if you say that in general physical capabilities of men and women are the same than i will disagree(YEAH MANLINESS).

I am not bashing women i was just trying to add a little humor to this thread sexism is pretty funny if you don't mean it for example

FizixFreak said:
I believe that men and women are made equal but if you say that in general physical capabilities of men and women are the same than i will disagree(YEAH MANLINESS).

What's so manly to be scared and have your ego bruised by a woman which happens to hit with more kgf than a man ? A man should have more control over his emotional balance, not get more disturbed than a 14 yo girl who just got her first period.

FizixFreak said:
DUDE! why the hostility? if you read my previous post i did admitted that women can be more fit/strong then some men,some researches also show that women can endure more pain then men,the role of women is not restricted to just sports and athletics they have played a great role in the well being of man kind i mean you and i came into this world because of a women and a women raised us to become what we are today.

I am not bashing women i was just trying to add a little humor to this thread sexism is pretty funny if you don't mean it for example

And i don't mean any of it i am sorry if any female is offended by it but i can't resist it:devil:

Yeah... see... the thing about "edgy" comedy is this: It needs to be edgy, and your's is just tired and old. The other thing... is that it needs to be funny, and while what you're posting doesn't offend me, it also isn't funny. Go to SA some time and post that weak 'stuff'... you'd be laughed out just for recycling such old material.

So, being that it's funny to you, and would only really be amusing in the context of outraging someone else, or because it is a dim reflection of your views... :rolleyes:

In the end, you're just advertising your own insecurities by finding it funny to begin with. Still, I admire your kneejerk response to being caught with your pants down, and found wanting. :smile:

edit: By the way, if you want a FUNNY response to the wife one, give me your email adress and and I'll share a few thoughts with you.

lisab said:

Yeah. Every female who had brothers rolled with males from a very young age :P It's inevitable. So why not in the gym as well ?

Fighting is more or less a form of expressing yourself, and there is no place for stupid sex-linked prejudices in training. If a sparring session improves your performance, then it has no importance you gained that experience rolling with a man or a woman. An armbar will hurt the same regardless if it's applied by a men or a women. If you are ashamed a women got you, learn how not to end in the same position again :P In a word, learn to express yourself better .

And even if you are superior to the girl technically and physically (or to another opponent, regardless of sex), it doesn't mean that rolling is devoided of any value. It may be useful to you if you tame a bit your strength and fine tune your timing and technical execution of techniques, putting her in difficult potions in which she would not end with a partner of her value, forcing her to practice escapes, or various counters. It is very beneficial for the inferior rank to practice this way sometimes.

So basically your helped someone refine techniques escapes/counters which would be hard to practice otherwise in sparing with partners of same level, while deriving some benefit yourself.

But many ppl will not think that way. Ego is monumental in some of the combat athletes of both sexes. Some go all out, play to win in each and everyone of the sparring sessions they have. And is not good. If you can help someone from your team to progress without impairing your progress, then you should doit. That being said sometimes is not so simple. Sometimes men and women will not feel very comfortable to roll together , especially in very "intimate" portions like a closed guard. Some go over it fast, others don't. Other times men will be afraid to roll with a women which has the potential to submit them because of the ego. Others will be afraid not to loose , but to be looked upon as jerks for manhandling her.

As somebody else in this thread said, there are ages in which girls will beat boys routinely. It may not be wise to pair them with girls at that stage, they may not understand why the girl is better at that age and quit coming to training from shame. This situation is not about ego.

But I am and I will be always against mixed sex in competition in any sport whatsoever, at any level and at any age whatsoever.

Hopefully she doesn't need an introduction for anyone:
[PLAIN]http://www.ricardoalmeida.com/news-arc/news-arc-July-2006_clip_image052.jpg

DanP said:
It depends on the sport. A sport like soccer, based more on skill, is fine. Contact sports is probably not a good idea.

On the other hand, as a teenager, I didn't mind girls tackling me. :biggrin: If I tackled a girl, I would do it gently, and made sure I hit the ground first to cushion the fall. It was not against my religious beliefs to wrestle with women or get tackled by them. :rofl:

The point was to be respectful and have fun. And we had fun. :biggrin:

DanP said:
Yeah. Every female who had brothers rolled with males from a very young age :P It's inevitable. So why not in the gym as well ?

Fighting is more or less a form of expressing yourself, and there is no place for stupid sex-linked prejudices in training. If a sparring session improves your performance, then it has no importance you gained that experience rolling with a man or a woman. An armbar will hurt the same regardless if it's applied by a men or a women. If you are ashamed a women got you, learn how not to end in the same position again :P In a word, learn to express yourself better .

And even if you are superior to the girl technically and physically (or to another opponent, regardless of sex), it doesn't mean that rolling is devoided of any value. It may be useful to you if you tame a bit your strength and fine tune your timing and technical execution of techniques, putting her in difficult potions in which she would not end with a partner of her value, forcing her to practice escapes, or various counters. It is very beneficial for the inferior rank to practice this way sometimes.

So basically your helped someone refine techniques escapes/counters which would be hard to practice otherwise in sparing with partners of same level, while deriving some benefit yourself.

But many ppl will not think that way. Ego is monumental in some of the combat athletes of both sexes. Some go all out, play to win in each and everyone of the sparring sessions they have. And is not good. If you can help someone from your team to progress without impairing your progress, then you should doit.

That being said sometimes is not so simple. Sometimes men and women will not feel very comfortable to roll together , especially in very "intimate" portions like a closed guard. Some go over it fast, others don't. Other times men will be afraid to roll with a women which has the potential to submit them because of the ego. Others will be afraid not to loose , but to be looked upon as jerks for manhandling her.

As somebody else in this thread said, there are ages in which girls will beat boys routinely. It may not be wise to pair them with girls at that stage, they may not understand why the girl is better at that age and quit coming to training from shame. This situation is not about ego.

But I am and I will be always against mixed sex in competition in any sport whatsoever, at any level and at any age whatsoever.

Hopefully she doesn't need an introduction for anyone:
[PLAIN]http://www.ricardoalmeida.com/news-arc/news-arc-July-2006_clip_image052.jpg[/QUOTE]

BJJ is really taking off in the USA... good to see it happen. My cousin (female) recently got into it, and she loves it. The difference here is that you're talking about sparring and grappling... there's no pinning or the need to inflict extreme pain; you tap. In my view, any woman who isn't fluent in self defense, who has the physical capacity, should engage in this.

One thing you mention that is important because it goes to the core of, "train how you fight", we agree on competiton, but for self defense... you NEED to be comfortable. Frankly, if some guy is trying to rape you, or otherwise assault you, it can't be the time to have qualms about what you have to do... including intimate contact. I know of no way to innoculate people against their instincts except through training, and training should always be as REAL as humanly possible.

Oh Krav Maga... you made my Kung Fu practical. :biggriN:

Astronuc said:
It depends on the sport. A sport like soccer, based more on skill, is fine. Contact sports is probably not a good idea.

On the other hand, as a teenager, I didn't mind girls tackling me. :biggrin: If I tackled a girl, I would do it gently, and made sure I hit the ground first to cushion the fall. It was not against my religious beliefs to wrestle with women or get tackled by them. :rofl:

The point was to be respectful and have fun. And we had fun. :biggrin:

Why do I suddenly think we're talking about a different kind of exercise... :smile:

Nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to make that truly comfortable in a competition setting... unless you're REALLY lucky.

nismaratwork said:
Oh Krav Maga... you made my Kung Fu practical. :biggriN:

Ah, the world of Krav is full today of ****, lies, Web based training and McDojo's. Everyone and their mothers are now former Sayeret Matkal, and came to US with "the latest secret techniques", conning ppl of their hard earned dollars.

Not to say there aint exist legitimate places which train ppl properly, but many are just a waste of money.

DanP said:
Ah, the world of Krav is full today of ****, lies, Web based training and McDojo's. Everyone and their mothers are now former Sayeret Matkal, and came to US with "the latest secret techniques", conning ppl of their hard earned dollars.

Not to say there aint exist legitimate places which train ppl properly, but many are just a waste of money.

Very true, fortunately I started that when I visited a friend in Israel... I got, perhaps fortunately, the "military" version.

Ow. Ooooow. Ow. OOOOOOOW. OW! I can say with confidence that unless you carry an assault rifle and K-Bar, you NEED a modified version of Krav Maga. You do however, as you indicate, have to be careful what you're getting, and when you find the real deal, what you're getting into.

I was VERY glad to have had experience with NLF-Kung Fu, because Krav Maga (the real deal) does very little to teach technique. It's very much about the most effective strategies and tactics, basic and effective strikes and grappling, and basically... insane agression. The best things in Krav Maga aren't anything native to it as a "fighting system", but the training it offers.

For pure self defense, BJJ, Judo, and something with striking/turning.

hikepoet said:
Hi, I'm interested in hearing honest opinions/experiences on male versus female strength. As a perhaps below-average strength guy (150 lbs, can bench 70 lbs ten times at most) I've often found women stronger than me, and many have pinned me in friendly wrestles. Wondering if men or women on this list have experiences to share, I'm curious if women often surprise their male friends or mates by being stronger. Thanks, Kevin

Back in 8th grade, I met one female who could outsprint me. In face, she outsprinted both my best friend and I (both of us ran track), two blocks between the pizza house and her house. She was his girlfriend, and did so on a dare, taking off like a shot, without either of us able to catch up.

Lots of females could outsprint me these days, as I'm sure lots could probably outwrestle me these days.

Didn't get much opportunity to wrestle females back in middle/high school. With one exception, it wasn't even a contest. A fellow student in the 10th grade gave me a run for my money.

I can't help but wonder how much of their success is talent, and how much might be guys holding back, even a touch, because of millennia of natural selection which engenders most males with a protective bent towards females.

DanP said:
What's so manly to be scared and have your ego bruised by a woman which happens to hit with more kgf than a man ? A man should have more control over his emotional balance, not get more disturbed than a 14 yo girl who just got her first period.

So you know how it feels to have a period:eek: how do you know that? what the hell have you been doing to yourself lately?

I have no bruised ego i have explained it in the previous post and don't you find it ironic that i am the one who posted the video that you are talking about seeing a women out punch a guy in a very physically demanding sport is something rare and surprising so my reaction to it is just natural i am just acting like a real guy and you are acting like a bloody feminist who will never be able to see the fact that both men and women have their own strength and weaknesses and hence they will always need each other guy like you expect women to play the same role in the society while they are taking care of their families and that is why more and more women every year are suffering from intense stress and anxiety all over the world.

All right let's not get too serious here i think this is how you look like
[PLAIN]http://laurganism.com/wp-images/male_feminist.jpg

nismaratwork said:
Yeah... see... the thing about "edgy" comedy is this: It needs to be edgy, and your's is just tired and old. The other thing... is that it needs to be funny, and while what you're posting doesn't offend me, it also isn't funny. Go to SA some time and post that weak 'stuff'... you'd be laughed out just for recycling such old material.

So, being that it's funny to you, and would only really be amusing in the context of outraging someone else, or because it is a dim reflection of your views... :rolleyes:

In the end, you're just advertising your own insecurities by finding it funny to begin with. Still, I admire your kneejerk response to being caught with your pants down, and found wanting. :smile:

edit: By the way, if you want a FUNNY response to the wife one, give me your email adress and and I'll share a few thoughts with you.

This is what i call argument just for the sake of argument if we agree on the same thing we really don't need to bash each other like this you and i both believe that men are women are created equally and some exceptionally talented women can actually kick a guy's behind any day why don't you just stop acting like a women in her periods and take things lightly(no offense).

Maybe i really don't have a good sense of humor big deal and what kind of thoughts are you talking about?

Last edited:
FizixFreak said:
I have no bruised ego i have explained it in the previous post
Let me quote from you, for it seems you have a very short memory:

when i saw it for the first time it really hurt my manly ego(which every man should have i think)

FizixFreak said:
i am just acting like a real guy

Yeah , yeah. Don't get your hopes too high, missy. A man... don't make me laugh

FizixFreak said:
...why don't you just stop acting like a women in her periods and take things lightly(no offense).

Like I said, some have what it takes to be macho, others are just parrots.

Last edited:
Let me quote from you, for it seems you have a very short memory

"WHEN I SAW IT FOR THE FIRST TIME".
I believe your English is not very good even though my first language is not English but i seem to be doing better

Yeah , yeah. Don't get your hopes too high, missy. A man... don't make me laugh

Yep! that is what a male feminist would say:approve:
you are the one that need hops you probably act like this because you think that will make you a chick magnet isn't that right?

Last edited:
Astronuc said:

There is a big misconception that technical sports (in general sport games and contact sports, and the more precise name is used here in EE is sports with variable motor activity) do not depend highly on bio-motor abilities. A technical movement in a sport usually demands expression of high-power in a specific bio-energetic regime.

Your example of soccer for example. Soccer is a sport which is a classic high intensity intermittent exercise. It's characterized by short bouts of high intensity exercise separated by various intervals of low intensity exercise. It may not appear at such if you watch it on TV, but it beomes readily apparent if you watch graphs of player activity in time. I Physical preparation in soccer addresses the quality of high intensity bouts by improving the ability of the player to develop power (and this mainly comes from increased force and rate of force development expressed ) and the ability of the body to recover during those bouts, mainly by training the aerobic power and aerobic capacity. This is it in several lines, the essence, but the implementation detail may take several tenths of pages in a book to describe it.

So it;s not so simple as it appears on TV. Technical and tactical elements can only be expressed by using bio-motor abilities. Lack bio-mot0r ability and you can be a technical god, you won't be able to express it efficiently in the field.

Last edited:
FizixFreak said:
This is what i call argument just for the sake of argument if we agree on the same thing we really don't need to bash each other like this you and i both believe that men are women are created equally and some exceptionally talented women can actually kick a guy's behind any day why don't you just stop acting like a women in her periods and take things lightly(no offense).

Maybe i really don't have a good sense of humor big deal and what kind of thoughts are you talking about?

We don't believe that.

1.) I don't believe in "creation".
2.) Equality doesn't exist except as a goal we should hold among many.
3.) It doesn't take an EXCEPTIONALLy talented woman... most guys can't fight or wrestle to save their lives... literally. Most women can't either, but they tend to be more aware of that.
4.) If you doubt all of this, I suggest you come to the USA and challenge some female police officers to a friendly grapple. I'll pay for your hospital expenses, and bruised ego.

I'd just add, you sound like a tired comic with jaundice and a scotch, telling material from the '50s in some honkey tonk. If that's your sense of humor, I'd seriously recommend that you not put it forward as one of you best qualities. A joke needs to be funny to work, and edgy jokes require that you not clearly be ignorant of the basic facts.

Don't take this personally or as an insult, because it's not how I mean it... you strike me as somewhat awkward and young... no crime there. I'm simply pointing out that until you start cracking wise about periods, you should probably not sound like it's your way of whistling in the dark. If you really, truly believe what you're saying, I have a tiny female friend who is merely fit... she would destroy you unless you're hiding immense depths that I'm missing.

DanP said:
There is a big misconception that technical sports (in general sport games and contact sports, and the more precise name is used here in EE is sports with variable motor activity) do not depend highly on bio-motor abilities. A technical movement in a sport usually demands expression of high-power in a specific bio-energetic regime.

Your example of soccer for example. Soccer is a sport which is a classic high intensity intermittent exercise. It's characterized by short bouts of high intensity exercise separated by various intervals of low intensity exercise. It may not appear at such if you watch it on TV, but it beomes readily apparent if you watch graphs of player activity in time. I Physical preparation in soccer addresses the quality of high intensity bouts by improving the ability of the player to develop power (and this mainly comes from increased force and rate of force development expressed ) and the ability of the body to recover during those bouts, mainly by training the aerobic power and aerobic capacity. This is it in several lines, the essence, but the implementation detail may take several tenths of pages in a book to describe it.

So it;s not so simple as it appears on TV. Technical and tactical elements can only be expressed by using bio-motor abilities. Lack bio-mot0r ability and you can be a technical god, you won't be able to express it efficiently in the field.

If I'm understanding this correctly, then your point would be that Soccor, in its activity level and intermittant nature is really very similar to an intensity graph for something like wrestling. In that case, and given your last statement, do you mean that given the same technique, the one with more capacity to impart maximum power+accuracy = winner?