Feb2-11, 05:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,459
That first hint is related to this
Andre
Feb3-11, 05:25 AM
PF Gold
As a kid I've always been puzzled by the logic of this tale. If you drop into a well, you'll be ending up below ground level, however for the effect of the action in the first hint, you'd need to be well above ground level. It just didn't add up.
edward
Feb3-11, 09:30 AM
PF Gold
P: 876
Great one Andre. I had a link that better explained the legend, but somehow I lost it in the well.

I don't have anything to post right now . I have been busy
Andre
Feb3-11, 09:31 AM
PF Gold
That's her, known as "Mother Hulda" in English, the hints based on

..In Germanic Pre-Christian folklore, Hulda, Holda, Holle and Holla were all names to denote a single Goddess. One who rules the weather; sunshine, snow and rain. ..It is still common expression in Hesse to say "Hulda is making her bed" when it is snowing, that is, she shakes her bed and out comes snow from heaven!
Hence I thought it was an appropriate landmark this week.

Source

Okay no problem I'll post another one soon.
Andre
Feb3-11, 10:23 AM
PF Gold
Andre
Feb3-11, 03:20 PM
PF Gold
This landmark is in the category archeology.

Note if you find something similar, upon close scrutiny it may look different in details. Just assume you have found it then. It's basically because I editted it somewhat, otherwise tinypic had 14 matches and gazopa had a few hits too.
Andre
Feb3-11, 05:03 PM
PF Gold
Oh the green sky is just artificial too. Just think it blue

A remarkable discovery was made here about the type of humans that lived here many years ago.
Andre
Feb4-11, 05:27 AM
PF Gold
The 4000 year old human remains revealed unexpected types (DNA, hair color, etc) for that area.
Andre
Feb4-11, 09:15 AM
PF Gold
A friend, a renowned Pleistocene paleontologist, has told me on several occasions that the fur of the extinct woolly mammoth has been dark grey, almost black. At least, that's the color of the hair of the mummies immediately after are excarvation from the Siberian permafrost. However, once exposed to the oxygen these hairs quickly turn into ginger or auburn. This is the reason that mammoths are always depicted with a reddish brown fur. However in reality their furs were close to black.

Maybe a good subject for a promotion study/

These mummies of the landmark had red hair.
Borek
Feb4-11, 10:06 AM
Admin
P: 23,599
https://wocview.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/
Andre
Feb4-11, 10:10 AM
PF Gold
Yes that's it.

Notice that I reversed the left - right and reversed a middle section again to fool tineye. But then gazopa still found it, hence the color change.

My 'red hair' comments were based on this source.
Borek
Feb4-11, 10:32 AM
Admin
I have a great place and a great picture (together with link to the site with more great pictures from the same place), unfortunately, tineye knows it well too well. Modifying picture is not easy, it is very characteristic, and when modified enough it is no longer interesting.

I can post it, but I am not sure if it makes sense.
Andre
Feb4-11, 11:29 AM
PF Gold
Well, you call the shots. I'd like to know such a great place. Maybe the Lisa way? Hints first?
LeslieGordon
Feb4-11, 01:08 PM
P: n/a
Quote Quote by CaptainQuasar View Post
A hint: it's in North America.
It's the Ottoman Clock Tower in Mexico City
epenguin
Feb4-11, 01:13 PM
HW Helper
P: 1,987
Read that. A boat in a desert seems quite a luxury. Especially an upside-down one. Of course I immediately formed a conjecture.
Andre
Feb4-11, 01:16 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by LeslieGordon View Post
This is the Ottoman Clock Tower in Mexico City :)
Leslie, unfortunately you are relating to a post on the first page here solved well over two years ago.
Borek
Feb4-11, 01:22 PM
Admin
In fact I just want to share some pictures... I still have Fallout 3 on my disk, and some of the views are as taken from the game.

Hints idea may be a good one. So the first is already above, but it is not enough. Here is another one:

Register to reply