Forum Game - Where's That Landmark?

by CaptainQuasar
Tags: game, landmark
Share this thread:
fuzzyfelt
Apr10-13, 08:34 AM
PF Gold
P: 742
"That's Punchbowl Falls in northern Oregon" ?
OmCheeto
Apr10-13, 09:23 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,435
Quote Quote by fuzzyfelt View Post
"That's Punchbowl Falls in northern Oregon" ?
Quote Quote by ImaLooser View Post
That's Punchbowl Falls in northern Oregon. ....
Indeed! Being that I live in northern Oregon, and didn't recognize Punchbowl Falls, I figured everyone in the world except for me would know what it is.

But there are so many waterfalls around here, you'd probably need a lifetime to visit them all.

My sisters wedding was at one of them. Though it's not always a good idea to have a wedding at the bigger ones. During one wedding, a city bus sized chunk of basalt fell out of one of the cliffs and made a bit of a splash. Broke the brides arm!

Ah! Late for work. You're up Fuzzy! bye
fuzzyfelt
Apr10-13, 03:50 PM
PF Gold
P: 742
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Funny thing is that I had not a clue. I showed all of Fuzzy's clues to my architect friend, and he said; "It's somewhere in Holland. Duh."

I looked all over Holland, and found nothing. 14 google hits later though.......

But I have to go to bed now, and Fuzzy would know my next landmark better then I, so someone else should.....

wait.

I have one, that everyone in the world should recognize:

Some are crazy about Kahn.
On second thoughts, I realise how much I've got to catch up on, and hope you wouldn't mind giving the landmark that I won't find after all.
(It was a very nice song, too.)
OmCheeto
Apr11-13, 09:05 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by fuzzyfelt View Post
Some are crazy about Kahn.
On second thoughts, I realise how much I've got to catch up on, and hope you wouldn't mind giving the landmark that I won't find after all.
(It was a very nice song, too.)
I won't have time either for a bit. If someone else would give us a new landmark, I'm sure fuzzy and I would be most appreciative.
Dewgale
Apr11-13, 09:43 PM
P: 20
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
I won't have time either for a bit. If someone else would give us a new landmark, I'm sure fuzzy and I would be most appreciative.
Andre
Apr12-13, 05:20 AM
P: 5,460
The problem with internet pictures is that google image search can also be used reversed, if you click on the little camera icon in the search box, you can enter a picture and google will find exact or close matches. That's why the game is so tough nowadays. Whatever picture you use, you should check it against the reverse image searcher first.
ImaLooser
Apr12-13, 06:24 AM
P: 570
Quote Quote by Dewgale View Post
I found a very similar photo that read

Canadian hoodoo landscape on Alberta's Highway 10, 16km east of downtown Drumheller
Dewgale
Apr12-13, 05:23 PM
P: 20
Andre, I probably should have though of that...

Yes, that's correct; it's a Hoodoo near Drumheller, in the Alberta Badlands.
ImaLooser
Apr13-13, 06:28 AM
So how do I include an image?
Borek
Apr13-13, 07:03 AM
Admin
P: 23,723
Find some image hosting service (like flickr or photobucket), upload your image there, then post the url to the image (as given by the service) in [img][/img] tags. Just remember to select the reasonable resolution (which at present is assumed to be no more than 800 pixel).
ImaLooser
Apr14-13, 01:08 AM
Here's the next landmark. Images searches are cheating! That doesn't take any skill.

Text searches are OK.

OmCheeto
Apr19-13, 08:10 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by ImaLooser View Post
Here's the next landmark. Images searches are cheating! That doesn't take any skill.

Text searches are OK.

Pura Agung
Bali Mother Temple in Besakih

Quote Quote by wiki
... on the slopes of Mount Agung in eastern Bali, Indonesia ...
next landmark, just in case I'm correct, and get distracted for a week or two
Evo
Apr21-13, 02:27 PM
Mentor
P: 26,661
In order to help with server load, we are splitting up the larger threads.

The new thread can be found here.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthr...27#post4356027

Register to reply