Register to reply

Quantum physics vs classical physics

by noobie!
Tags: classical, physics, quantum
Share this thread:
noobie!
Dec21-08, 12:58 AM
P: 58
the chapter of quantum physics vs classical physics will be one of the topic that i will be tested in final exam,but i'm a little confused by them..so i need a good references to refer to..could you please recommend me some good website as i can refer to..i have found this linkhttp://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/refln/u13l3b.html appears to be my favorite references but sadly,it only reaches until the topic for optic rays..so i really do need a good references,please do recommend me and thanks for guiding me along my way as well...thanks..
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
Renge Ishyo
Dec21-08, 11:21 AM
P: 282
The main difference between the two is philosophical (many of your best references might lie outside the realm of science as a consequence of this...). The backbone of classical physics is deterministic whereas quantum physics is indeterministic. The mathematics for each reflects this difference in approach. I would start by googling these words and getting a clear picture of what they mean before hunting for references.

Cheers.
noobie!
Dec21-08, 12:17 PM
P: 58
Quote Quote by Renge Ishyo View Post
The main difference between the two is philosophical (many of your best references might lie outside the realm of science as a consequence of this...). The backbone of classical physics is deterministic whereas quantum physics is indeterministic. The mathematics for each reflects this difference in approach. I would start by googling these words and getting a clear picture of what they mean before hunting for references.

Cheers.
i got you..so in fact i just want to get some references to help me get a clearer picture of it....

Register to reply