Quantum physics vs classical physics

by noobie!
Tags: classical, physics, quantum
noobie!
Dec21-08, 12:58 AM
P: 58
the chapter of quantum physics vs classical physics will be one of the topic that i will be tested in final exam,but i'm a little confused by them..so i need a good references to refer to..could you please recommend me some good website as i can refer to..i have found this linkhttp://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/refln/u13l3b.html appears to be my favorite references but sadly,it only reaches until the topic for optic rays..so i really do need a good references,please do recommend me and thanks for guiding me along my way as well...thanks..
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping
Renge Ishyo
Dec21-08, 11:21 AM
P: 282
The main difference between the two is philosophical (many of your best references might lie outside the realm of science as a consequence of this...). The backbone of classical physics is deterministic whereas quantum physics is indeterministic. The mathematics for each reflects this difference in approach. I would start by googling these words and getting a clear picture of what they mean before hunting for references.

Cheers.
noobie!
Dec21-08, 12:17 PM
P: 58
Quote Quote by Renge Ishyo View Post
The main difference between the two is philosophical (many of your best references might lie outside the realm of science as a consequence of this...). The backbone of classical physics is deterministic whereas quantum physics is indeterministic. The mathematics for each reflects this difference in approach. I would start by googling these words and getting a clear picture of what they mean before hunting for references.

Cheers.
i got you..so in fact i just want to get some references to help me get a clearer picture of it....

Register to reply