Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards

In summary: He'salso, I discovered today, a nutcase conspiracy theorist who believes that the Minnesota Department of Transportation is using weather modification to bring about the collapse of the I-35W bridge. Aside from this, his blog is filled with denialist propaganda and cherry-picked data.In summary, the conversation is about voting for the best science blog and the winner, Anthony Watts (Watt's up with that). There is also a discussion about whether or not it is appropriate to criticize the content of the blog and the potential hidden agenda behind it. One participant expresses their disappointment with the blog's content and the possibility of it receiving free advertising on PF. They also mention that the blog's author has a history of poor data analysis and conspiracy
Physics news on Phys.org
Am I allowed to point out a fundamental error (as well as what looks too much like a deliberate cooking of the numbers) in the so-called analysis presented on the current front page of this "best science blog"? Or would that be off-topic? On the other hand, if I do, then does this become a back door entry to circumventing the Earth forum rules?

So unless a Mentor here specifically permits discussion of the content on this blog, let me just say that I'm wholly unimpressed and not particularly surprised.

If this discussion is not permitted here, you - meaning anyone that cares to - may call my bluff via PM.

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
if I do, then this becomes a back door entry to circumventing the Earth forum rules...

A hidden agenda? Gokul, I'm shocked at the suggestion of it!

Not a blog, but right up there:
http://www.theonion.com/content/index

I don't know about agendas, but I do believe that it would be a pity for bad "science" to get free advertising on PF, yet remain protected against debunking by our own rules.

Anthony Watts is completely inept at data analysis; he's done things like plot different
anomaly graphs (from different baselines) on the same axis, correlate time with time, and
lovingly publish analyses that turn graphs upside down and claim the trend reversed.

1. What are the "2008 Weblog Awards"?

The "2008 Weblog Awards" is an annual online competition that recognizes and honors the best blogs in various categories, including science blogs.

2. How are the winners of "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards" determined?

The winners of "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards" are determined through a popular vote by the general public. The blog with the most votes in the science category will be declared the winner.

3. Who can vote for the "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards"?

Anyone with an internet connection can vote for the "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards".

4. Can I nominate my own science blog for the "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards"?

Yes, you can nominate your own science blog or any other science blog that you think deserves recognition in the "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards".

5. What is the significance of winning "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards"?

Winning "Vote for Best Science Blog - 2008 Weblog Awards" can bring recognition and exposure to your science blog, as well as help increase your readership and credibility in the scientific community. It can also serve as a platform for networking and collaboration opportunities.