Register to reply

High Speed Photography Circuit

by noagname
Tags: circuit, photography, speed
Share this thread:
noagname
Jan23-09, 04:17 AM
P: 136
I want to take high speed shots. My problem is I don't want to buy an expensive flash, so I thought let me make a sound activated shutter. In other words the moment their is a sound my camera takes a picture. After spending hours on the internet I was only able to find circuits that give me and output of 400 volts. Link 1 link 2 link 3 link 4 link 5

Yes I do know that all of those are meant for flashes but found a way to that output into my camera, I just can't have 400 volts coming out of their.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Identifying long-distance threats: New 3D technology could improve CCTV images
Intelligent system that predicts when alarms might be triggered could greatly improve the management of industrial plant
3D printed nose wins design award
brewnog
Jan23-09, 09:54 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
What do you mean "high speed shots"? How many frames do you wish to capture per second? The reason it's often done with a flash is because normal cameras can't get anywhere near enough light in (using ambient sources) in the small duration required.
noagname
Jan25-09, 11:10 AM
I have a Nikon d80, and I should have made it more clear. I have an external light source with is strong enough for what I am doing, only problem is, is it not meant to be turned on and off at high speeds. "High speed shots" I just meant taking high speed photography, and I don't really care the amount of frames per second.

brewnog
Jan25-09, 01:05 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
High Speed Photography Circuit

So you want to use the Nikon's shutter? Surely the Nikon has a remote shutter release input, which would just be a circuit to close?
noagname
Jan25-09, 03:49 PM
Yea, you are spot on. The jack on the camera is just a circuit, when to connect one side to the other the shutter goes off. I need to make it so the shutter goes off the moment it hears a sound. Only problem is, is in the 5 links that i gave they all have a giant voltage output.

Once I find a way to lower the voltage. I need to find a way to connect the circuit with the camera. Off of ebay I can get for 4-5$ a wire that goes into the camera.
es1
Jan25-09, 07:41 PM
P: 324
It seems the third circuit you found should be perfect.
http://lullaby.homepage.dk/diy-camera/usoft.html

Just use a resistor instead of the MOC3020 part (or possibly put a resistor across terminals 6 and 4) to do the level translation. Assuming the voltage you need is below 9V, of course.
noagname
Jan26-09, 11:15 AM
How strong of a resistor and what does the moc3020 do?
es1
Jan28-09, 12:36 AM
P: 324
maybe you can just use the circuit as is. what are the input requirements of your camera?
noagname
Jan28-09, 05:25 AM
voltage requirments, I have no clue. Like I said earlier the camera jack where I control the shutter has 4 pieces of metal, If I stick a wire in and touch wire A, B all to D then the camera goes off. If I touch a wire to just C and then to D the camera re focuses(which I don't care about.)

Register to reply