Register to reply

Distribution Curve in excel

by soul5
Tags: curve, distribution, excel
Share this thread:
soul5
Feb2-09, 04:48 PM
P: 64
Hi I'm trying to make a distribution curve in excel, but I can't seem to find it. I have excel 2003 I know how to make column graphs and stuff, but I can't seem to find where to find how to make a distribution curve can anyone help me?

Here is a link of the type of graph I wanna make.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...es/normal2.gif

Please and Thank you for the help.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
rty640
Feb2-09, 05:45 PM
P: 16
http://nontrivialexercises.com/2006/...urve-in-excel/
berkeman
Feb2-09, 06:30 PM
Mentor
P: 40,730
Wow, great link. Thanks.

I didn't read the link closely enough to tell, but it may also be that you have to install the part of Excel that has the Frequency function. It might come in the standard Install package, or it might be in one of the optional Math or Engineering Install options. So if you don't see the Frequency function in the function list on your Excel, check the Install CD to see if you can add it in.

minger
Feb3-09, 08:47 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,498
Distribution Curve in excel

Alternatively you can go to your Add-ins (under Tools I believe) and enable to "Data Analysis" Add-in (requires no cd). Then, under Tools > Data Analysis there at the bottom of the list, there will be Histogram.

You need to create an array for your "bounds". Then select your data, your bounds, and it outputs the frequency next to the bounds. From there you can bar/line graph whatever.

The FREQUENCY command is a little "cleaner", but the data analysis has some other nice little features in it. Check it out.

Register to reply