Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007

• Thread starter ImBadAtMath
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses using online resources for studying while also participating in sports. The conversation also includes a request for help with typing equations in LaTeX and a suggestion to use the "Equation Solver" tool.
ImBadAtMath
Hello guys I am doing sport and I am doing school trow Internet and i don't have much time to study and the language I am studding is Catalan,they talk it in spain in Barcelona and cities near it and i don't speak it really well,how ever,im using ms math so i can help my self :O
I have problem typing this inside i have no idea how to type it... :uhh:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4388/helpcopyhk1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not certain if this would help, but you can look at the code by left-clicking on this. I was not absolutely sure how to find the brace with which to show a list of equations; I could only find simple left or right brace in the tex tool of the forum.

To see some code, try clicking on this:
[itex] f(x)=\begin{cases} 2x+c&x < -5\\ 3x^2&-5 \leq x < 0\\ cx^2&0 \leq x\\\end{cases} [/itex]

The tags may need to be 'tex' instead of 'latex' .

[tex] f(x)=\begin{cases} 2x+c&x < -5\\ 3x^2&-5 \leq x < 0\\ cx^2&0 \leq x\\\end{cases} [/tex]

Hey man thanks for the reply but i don't get it really well... ;/ can you please put example of the expression of the one i got on the picture so i can get it thanks ! :D

Could you instead open the LaTex reference guide? To open it, do this:
Left-Click on one of those lists of the equations I posted. A small window showing code will be displayed. Look in the bottom of that window for the LaTeX Code Reference link. This will display the LaTeX Reference Guide. Still, I'm not aware of how to give the larger right-hand brace; only the left-hand brace according to both the Code Refernce Link and the LaTex Reference Guide. Either of those will show you code to accomplish basically what you want.

Tell us if you have trouble opening those windows; but you should at least have no difficulty in opening both of those windows. First the Latex Code Source window (by clicking on the text image of the listed equations) and then on the LaTeX Code Reference Guide (which is a pdf file).

Let me try something; I'm not usually good at this, but this attempt comes directly from the Code Reference pdf file:

f(x)=\left\{\begin{array}{cc}0,&\mbox{ if }
x\leq 0\\1, & \mbox{ if } x>0\end{array}\right

That was without the tags.

With the [ t e x ] tags, it is:
[tex] f(x)=\left\{\begin{array}{cc}0,&\mbox{ if }
x\leq 0\\1, & \mbox{ if } x>0\end{array}\right[/tex]

Hey man thanks for reply but i found more ease way ! click tools-->Equation Solver(Thenk on the drop box) Solve 2 Equations!
:)))

1. What is "Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007"?

"Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007" is a software program designed to help individuals learn the Catalan language through the use of interactive math exercises and lessons. It is compatible with MS Math 2007, a mathematical equation editor used in Microsoft Office.

2. How does "Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007" work?

The program uses a combination of math equations and Catalan vocabulary to teach users how to read, write, and speak in Catalan. It provides step-by-step lessons and exercises that incorporate both math and language skills to help users learn the language in a unique and engaging way.

3. Is "Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007" suitable for all levels?

Yes, the program is designed to be suitable for beginners as well as those with some knowledge of the Catalan language. It offers a range of difficulty levels and allows users to track their progress, making it suitable for learners of all levels.

4. Can "Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007" be used by non-mathematical individuals?

Yes, the program is designed to be user-friendly for individuals with little to no mathematical background. The math equations used in the exercises are simple and the focus is on learning the Catalan language, not complex math concepts.

5. Is "Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007" an effective way to learn the language?

While the effectiveness of language learning programs can vary for each individual, "Learning Catalan with MS Math 2007" has been designed by language and math experts to provide a unique and engaging learning experience. It utilizes a combination of math and language skills to help users learn and retain the Catalan language in a fun and interactive way.