Register to reply

College Major Question

by Iron_Brute
Tags: college, major
Share this thread:
Iron_Brute
Feb12-09, 10:20 PM
P: 19
I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask this question since the other engineering sections seem to deal more with work problems.
Currently I am majoring in computer engineering, and I still don't have an idea of what areas a computer engineer would be useful. Everything I see in my classes seem to be geared for electrical or mechanical engineers and it looks like there are more job opportunity for that type of engineering.

The only thing that I know is I talked to a rep. from Raytheon who said they were in dire need foe CE but that was the only good thing I heard about my major.

If maybe some people who are CE in college, or professional engineers could offer some insight about CE, or EE and explain if one specific engineer has an advantage another in terms of work opportunity, and making a difference, or anything.

I'm almost done with my freshman year but I still have until the end of next year where I can switch my major to EE without losing any credits, and I would like to know asap, I wouldnt want to lose any time or waste more money than I have to.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
LowlyPion
Feb12-09, 11:54 PM
HW Helper
P: 5,341
This forum might be better:
http://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193

Register to reply