Register to reply

Collectibles Conundrum

by jhicks
Tags: collectibles, conundrum
Share this thread:
jhicks
Feb14-09, 07:17 PM
P: 336
Well, it's not exactly a collectible, but some might consider it worth obtaining. Currently, I'm considering selling off an account I have in a video game. I got a credible offer of about 500 dollars, but I still play it sometimes and it's somewhat valuable to me from a sentimental point of view, but time is also of the essence as the account will probably be worthless in a year's time. If I sell the account, then I made money off something I enjoyed doing for a couple years. On the other hand, 500 dollars is one week's pay and I have no debt or real wants at the moment to use the money on so it would basically sit in the bank.

I ask you, PF, what would you do in my situation? I know some people are going to say "well it's really up to you", but I like to pick rational answers so I'm appealing to people outside of the situation to determine what is the "best" decision.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Guidelines for enhancing solar cells using surface plasmon polaritons
Trees and shrubs invading critical grasslands, diminish cattle production
Climate change will threaten fish by drying out Southwest US streams, research predicts
JasonRox
Feb15-09, 01:52 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,327
I play SimCity for hours on end, and developped many cities.

I delete the cities like nothing. I have no sentimental attachment. It's not like you can't play the game anymore.
hypatia
Feb15-09, 04:15 AM
P: 1,298
I'd get rid of it, take a vacation.

jhicks
Feb16-09, 12:52 AM
Collectibles Conundrum

I delete the cities like nothing. I have no sentimental attachment. It's not like you can't play the game anymore.
Well you can also make a city in a couple days. I had invested some of my down time over two years into this, so I got a bit sentimental.

I'd get rid of it, take a vacation.
I ended up getting rid of it today -- thanks for snapping me to my senses! I'm not quite sure I will take a vacation, but a piece of furniture or two for the new apartment might do as well.
Cyrus
Feb16-09, 01:00 AM
P: 4,777
What game was it?
redargon
Feb16-09, 03:44 AM
P: 348
WoW... 500 bucks for an account what's next? I'm selling my email inbox for anyone that's interested, I'll chuck in the spam filters for free...
jhicks
Feb16-09, 10:27 AM
What game was it?
World of Warcraft. Some people go absolutely crazy for good accounts. I have had friends that have sold theirs for over two thousand dollars.

Register to reply