04/17/09 PHD comic: 'Deciding what to wear, pt. 2'

by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: None
Greg Bernhardt
Apr18-09, 07:30 PM
Admin
P: 8,536
center table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 bgcolor=#ffffff tr tdbfont face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif size=+1Piled Higher amp; Deeper/fontfont face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif i by Jorge Cham/i/font/b/td td /td td div align=rightbfont face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serifwww.phdcomics.com/font/b/div /td /tr tr align=center td colspan=3font face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serifimgsrc=http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/phd041709s.gif border=0 align=top/img/font/td /tr tr td colspan=3 div align=centerfont size=-2 face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-seriftitle: quot;Deciding what to wear, pt. 2quot; - originally published 4/17/2009 /fontpfont face=arialFor the latest news in PHD Comics, a href=http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.phpCLICK HERE!/a/font/p /div /td /tr /table/center

More...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
mgb_phys
Apr18-09, 07:49 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,961
Moonbear
Apr19-09, 08:28 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Ha ha! It's true, I think it's a LOT easier to decide what to wear after becoming faculty than when I was still a postdoc. I have a closet full of black or brown slacks, and then blouses or sweaters that match either black or brown. Very easy...well, until the weather gets warm and I start wearing skirts again, which it's just starting to do now.

Still, it's easier than being a postdoc where you feel like you should be dressed nicer than the grad students, but then everyone wants to know why you're so dressed up if you wear something more professional.

Register to reply