Register to reply

Beer or Soda?

by Cyrus
Tags: beer, soda
Share this thread:
Cyrus
May11-09, 10:50 PM
P: 4,780
Serious question. I drink a beer once a day, usually in the afternoon. Sometimes two. I know that most people drink at least one soda a day. Which is worse for you? I think drinking a soda a day is has got to be much worse for you considering it has lots of acid, and sugar.

Also, beer doesnt have nasty chemicals in it like soda does. I've tried many different beers (probably over 50, and going up), but I like a simple Budweiser in a bottle. I'm drinking on right now and boy does it hit the spot.

I used to be a hugeeeeeeeeeee soda addict. But I got tired of all that sugar. I really enjoy a good cold pepsi with ice cubes. But now I find myself wanting beer more than soda. I don't like the way soda is so harsh on my teeth. The acid destroys the enamel.

Which one is worse?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
tribdog
May11-09, 10:56 PM
P: 693
I just spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday out on four wheelers drinking about 25 beers a day and I've got to say a soda sounds much preferable today.
Pengwuino
May11-09, 11:05 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Alcoholics

Cyrus
May11-09, 11:06 PM
Beer or Soda?

Last night I had a red bull. They don't keep me wired up like coffee does, but I couldn't sleep until 4am. Which isnt too bad, considering with nothing I usually go to bed around 3:30 easily (Im a night person). But when I woke up my head felt swollen - like I had to move my head side to side fast like a dog does. I think I'm going to have to stop drinking Red bull. I gave up coffee because at one point I was drinking coffee and red bull and that cafine really made by body crash. The more and more I drank it the more and more tired I became. After about 3 days of drinking caffine I just stopped and had much more energy the next day.

I think I'm done with Coffee (except rare occasions), Red Bull (I like the taste though!), and soda (for the most part). I'm sticking with beer.
Cyrus
May11-09, 11:07 PM
Quote Quote by Pengwuino View Post
Alcoholics
This thread is for real men, not boys.

BTW: Alcoholic means a dependency on alcohol.
tribdog
May11-09, 11:11 PM
P: 693
Quote Quote by Cyrus View Post

Which one is worse?
Pessimist. Which one is BETTER!!
Cyrus
May11-09, 11:19 PM
Quote Quote by tribdog View Post
Pessimist. Which one is BETTER!!
Real man of geniusssssss.
Pyrrhus
May12-09, 12:14 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,278
I never drink redbull or coffee. Try to keep those drinks to a minimum. They are not good.

Soda is also an awful drink for your body, avoid it. You can do it at most once or twice a week.

Beer every day?, You should stop that, too. Alcohol everyday is not recommended. You can search about this.

Keep the beer and other alcohol beverages for the fridays and weekends, or special events.
Cyrus
May12-09, 12:19 AM
Quote Quote by Cyclovenom View Post
Keep the beer and other alcohol beverages for the fridays and weekends, or special events.
Why? I didn't say I binge on beer every day.
moose
May12-09, 12:22 AM
P: 555
Quote Quote by Cyclovenom View Post
I never drink redbull or coffee. Try to keep those drinks to a minimum. They are not good.

Soda is also an awful drink for your body, avoid it. You can do it at most once or twice a week.

Beer every day?, You should stop that, too. Alcohol everyday is not recommended. You can search about this.

You can definitely also search one alcoholic beverage a day. Im talking about just one, not binge drinking daily.
drizzle
May12-09, 12:39 AM
PF Gold
P: 525
I used to drink soda on a daily basis but I thankfully change to beer, I think itís much better than soda, I like pomegranate or apple flavored beer [non alcoholic]Öman so refreshing especially when cooled enough almost freezed
TheStatutoryApe
May12-09, 01:28 AM
P: 1,550
Considering that for quite some time fresh water was very rare and many people drank beer or wine on a daily basis I don't think it can be that bad for you.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrat..._Nutrition.htm

http://www.nowpublic.com/health/one-...el-cancer-risk

Personally I drink one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.
Unfortunately I still can't sing the blues. :-/
getitright
May12-09, 01:41 AM
P: 43
Considering most soda today is sweetened with a chemical concoction of sweetner, and that beer only has sugar for a short time during brewing to supply the yeast with energy to produce the alcohol content --- I would say that beer is better. But if you look at the front end of my car I should have drank a soda instead.
Pyrrhus
May12-09, 02:49 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Quote Quote by TheStatutoryApe View Post
Considering that for quite some time fresh water was very rare and many people drank beer or wine on a daily basis I don't think it can be that bad for you.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrat..._Nutrition.htm

http://www.nowpublic.com/health/one-...el-cancer-risk

Personally I drink one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.
Unfortunately I still can't sing the blues. :-/
Yes this is fine, but it depends largely on your diet and the amount of beer taken.

Cyrus, it's fine, as long as one beer per day doesn't mean a jar...
neu
May12-09, 04:34 AM
P: 245
Quote Quote by Cyrus View Post
I drink a beer once a day, usually in the afternoon. Sometimes two.
Don't go too crazy
cristo
May12-09, 05:36 AM
Mentor
P: 8,308
Quote Quote by getitright View Post
But if you look at the front end of my car I should have drank a soda instead.
Wow, you're way cool, bragging about drink-driving

As for the OP, I think I agree with you, Cyrus, in that a beer a day is better for you than a soda a day. It's also much nicer: a cold beer after a long day's work is delicious!
Cyrus
May12-09, 09:05 AM
My main point was that most people would say "oh, don't drink a beer a day!" without ever stopping to realize how bad drinking all that soda is. I wonder how the nutritional value of the two compare?
WhoWee
May12-09, 09:15 AM
P: 1,123
Quote Quote by tribdog View Post
I just spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday out on four wheelers drinking about 25 beers a day and I've got to say a soda sounds much preferable today.
I hope you also had lots of spicey/smoked barbecue?

Register to reply