Hot, Sexy Physicists....

by swat4life
Tags: physicists, sexy
swat4life
May28-09, 07:10 PM
P: 50
I don't know why but I think that John Hagelin (prepped at Choate Rosemary Hall, Dartmouth undergrad, Harvard PHD, post grad work at CERN) is all that and a bag of chips! And he looks so different than shall we say a "random sample" of the writer's previous gentleman friends.....

Do you think somehow one's attraction to another's intellect could cross wire the senses and make one have a physical reaction generated from an originally intellectual "stimulation"?

I don't know. At any rate, I know this is terribly childish but I'd curious to see some pics, lol....

Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Internet co-creator Cerf debunks 'myth' that US runs it
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Solar-powered two-seat Sunseeker airplane has progress report
Cyrus
May28-09, 07:12 PM
P: 4,780
.............?
lisab
May28-09, 07:38 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Hmmm...that's how it's always been for me. Charm, smarts, honesty, humor...that's the good stuff, where attraction starts. I'd hate to be wired like a male, who tend to put the physical first...they must go through an awful lot of false positives.

Math Is Hard
May28-09, 07:43 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921

Hot, Sexy Physicists....

Quote Quote by swat4life View Post

I don't know. At any rate, I know this is terribly childish but I'd curious to see some pics, lol....

Maybe it's just this pic, but he looks like he's about to give us "This Week In Sports Around The Globe".
Moonbear
May28-09, 07:48 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=7262
berkeman
May28-09, 07:50 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723
I think I should change the title of this thread to "Hot, Sexy Male Physicists.... "

Cyrus and I apparently clicked in and went EEEEeeeewwwwww! Yuck!

Kind of like that old "Cheers" episode on TV, where Rebecca tricked Sam and Woodie into thinking that they were each kissing her in the dark...
turbo
May28-09, 07:54 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Hmmm...that's how it's always been for me. Charm, smarts, honesty, humor...that's the good stuff, where attraction starts. I'd hate to be wired like a male, who tend to put the physical first...they must go through an awful lot of false positives.
It's not always the males that are wired wrong - there are females that are wired for predation and have some other attributes they can they can break though your defenses with. A former roommate in college had a girlfriend that wanted to visit, and she dragged over a very pretty and barely legal girl who glommed onto me. My (all-male) house-mates had all seen her and thought that she was pretty hot. I had been getting familiar with a nice lady that shared my love for blues/rock music and art, and she and I were heading back to my place to share some wine, snacks, and music and when we got to my bedroom/living space, there was a naked teen-aged girl in my bed waiting for me. Neither of them were happy campers. Apparently, the friend of my friend's girlfriend thought that she was going to "surprise" me. I was surprised, but not pleasantly.

EDIT: I guess this could have gone into the worst first date thread. It certainly was a really bad first date, and I had a particular interest in the lady, and it ticked me off to have the situation destroy our growing connections in jazz, blues, etc.
Math Is Hard
May28-09, 08:01 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
And there was this one.. where the idea for our "Men of Physics" calendar came up again:

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=106342
rootX
May28-09, 08:09 PM
P: 1,295
Hot, Sexy Physicists
I'd curious to see some pics, lol..
Heresy
May28-09, 08:24 PM
P: 54
The girl physicist in Angels and Demons was quite attractive.

We can ignore the fact that she's not actually a physicist.
swat4life
May28-09, 09:27 PM
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
LOL. Sorry but that's not quite my class of wine if you know what I mean, lol. However, in all fairness she does look attractive.....
Out of sheer boredom I googled for some pics.....wonder what these "CERN Hotties" are up to, LOL!!

LowlyPion
May28-09, 09:34 PM
HW Helper
P: 5,346
Let's not forget Dr. Christmas Jones.
... an expert in nuclear weapons.

mcknia07
May28-09, 09:41 PM
P: 320
Where are all the hott nerdy guys?
swat4life
May28-09, 09:45 PM
Quote Quote by mcknia07 View Post

haha, interesting query.

H.N.Gs FTW!

lol....

ps
I think they are "in the closet". Meaning they don't want their "cool" friends to know how much of a nerd/geek they are. I personally am totally in the closet on this forum - it is quite cathartic and refreshing. I doubt the chicks at the Purse Blog Forum would have any idea of my alter ego :D
sylas
May28-09, 09:48 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,750
Here you go:

From the 2007 "skepdude" calendar; the bad astronomer "Phil Plait". Source.
swat4life
May28-09, 09:57 PM
Quote Quote by sylas View Post
Here you go:

From the 2007 "skepdude" calendar; the bad astronomer "Phil Plait". Source.
HAHA!
Not bad....Looks like he's either a)embarking on a new exploration of empirical archaeoastronomy or b) REALLY happy to see someone, lol!
mcknia07
May28-09, 10:10 PM
P: 320
Oh, I forgot to add, YOUNG, to the requirements, lol
rootX
May28-09, 10:17 PM
P: 1,295
Oh, I forgot to add, YOUNG, to the requirements, lol
here ..

Is this the guy you were looking for? :)

Register to reply