Register to reply

Holonomy of compact Ricci-flat Kaehler manifold

by Ygor
Tags: holonomy, kaehler, ricci-flat, su(m)
Share this thread:
Ygor
Jul2-09, 07:27 AM
P: 4
Hi,

I have come across the following apparent contradiction in the literature. In "Joyce D.D., Compact manifolds with special holonomy" I find on page 125 the claim that if M is a compact Ricci-flat Kaehler manifold, then the global holonomy group of M is contained in SU(m) if and only if the canonical bundle of M is trivial.

In "Candelas, Lectures on Complex manifolds" however, on page 61 I read that any Ricci-flat Kaehler manifold has global holonomy in SU(m) and there is no mentioning of any condition on the the canonical bundle.

Note that I am assuming M to be multiply connected and I am talking about the global holonomy group, i.e. not the restricted holonomy group.

So my questions is, what is going on ? Who is right? (Both somehow provide proofs of their claims).

I hope anyone can help me out.

Thanks!

Ygor
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Office life' of bacteria may be their weak spot
Lunar explorers will walk at higher speeds than thought
Philips introduces BlueTouch, PulseRelief control for pain relief

Register to reply