Belfast UFO

by username
Tags: belfast
username
Jun30-04, 10:35 PM
P: 234
Altough only 2 wi9tnesses wtf seems to dtrike some osrt oftruth but then again highly statistaclly insignaiianct ooh well here it is:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...p?story=535416

I've seen B52s going over and you can hear them buzzing, but there was not a sound from this thing. And it was gone in an instant."
Makes me alittle sceptival already!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
the number 42
Jul1-04, 12:26 PM
P: 494
Lets get one thing straight: were they Catholic aliens or Protestant aliens?

(Oops - here comes my first warning...)
jimmy p
Jul1-04, 06:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 580
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA maybe i will get a warning for laughing but still. However, as they are Irish it is customary to have a FEW drinks while working...

Seriously, does it matter if they were high up?? I mean, if it's Belfast city, there are bound to have been other people around, and chances are there would have been SOMEONE looking at the sky. I am a bit skeptical about the fact that they were the ONLY two people in the city to see this.

the number 42
Jul2-04, 04:25 AM

Belfast UFO

This might be a stereotype too, but Ulster people are famously level-headed - Belfast is no 60's San Francisco. Also, I reckon those folks have seen so many helicopters over their city day-in day-out they might be better than most at judging things aerial.

Of course stereotying a city - however positively - is no way to judge the veracity of a UFO sighting.
zoobyshoe
Jul8-04, 11:12 PM
P: 5,616
Quote Quote by the number 42
Of course stereotying a city - however positively - is no way to judge the veracity of a UFO sighting.
If it were, though, would a sighting over London indicate an authentic or false sighting?
the number 42
Jul9-04, 09:18 AM
Good question. And after some consideration I have come to the conclusion that a UFO sighting over London would have to be false. They just don't do that sort of thing over here - far too vulgar.
the number 42
Jul9-04, 09:19 AM
Besides, Her Majesty wouldn't stand for it. Upsets the corgis, you know.

Register to reply