PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Char. Limit
Aug5-10, 07:15 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,943
So, I'm actually in a serious discussion with someone over whether Reese's or Skittles are better. He just can't see the peanut-buttery light.
Char. Limit
Aug5-10, 07:16 PM
PF Gold
2000 posts!!!!!
Cyrus
Aug5-10, 07:17 PM
P: 4,780
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
So, I'm actually in a serious discussion with someone over whether Reese's or Skittles are better. He just can't see the peanut-buttery light.
Reese's, without a doubt.
FrancisZ
Aug5-10, 07:26 PM
P: 43
Quote Quote by Cyrus View Post
Reese's, without a doubt.
Yes. I'm definitely with you on that score.

And by the way: here's a word I've absolutely never heard spoken before...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/brobdingnagian
cronxeh
Aug5-10, 07:42 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
Was browsing the hard drive thinking of deleting some stuff to free up space, ran across a picture folder, started browsing through it.. and saw an old pic of someone.. felt a pinch in my chest
rootX
Aug5-10, 07:44 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by cronxeh View Post
Was browsing the hard drive thinking of deleting some stuff to free up space, ran across a picture folder, started browsing through it.. and saw an old pic of someone.. felt a pinch in my chest
There's always Shift+Delete which solves all kind of problems.
HeLiXe
Aug5-10, 08:17 PM
P: 410
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
There's a trouser button lying in the basin of the urinal in the public restroom where I work. It's been there for three days.

Daily, I find myself with a few moments to reflect upon it.

I like to think that the consternation with which its hapless ex-owner watched it pop off, ricochet off the back wall, falling to rattle to a stop in the pool of (let's call it water), is reinforced each day by still being there, taunting him and looking up at him mockingly from its watery vantage point. I like to think he battles with himself each and every day as to whether it's worth it to just furtively reach down and snatch it. Who would know?

Is there a ten second rule that applies to urinals?
should I cringe or laugh....cringe...laugh....cringe
DaveC426913
Aug5-10, 08:25 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by FrancisZ View Post
Yes. I'm definitely with you on that score.

And by the way: here's a word I've absolutely never heard spoken before...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/brobdingnagian
Tee hee! I used that word just yesterday. I was trying to describe to the Mrs. the sheer scale of the zit on my podmate's cheek. It was so big (how big was it?) It was so big, it hove into my peripheral vision every time he moved.
HeLiXe
Aug5-10, 09:13 PM
P: 410
I'm selling freeze dried souls...does anyone want some?
rootX
Aug5-10, 09:45 PM
Quote Quote by HeLiXe View Post
I'm selling freeze dried souls...does anyone want some?
Are they hot?

I bought Habeneros, 2 Nando's hot suaces, 1 Frank red hot chilli and lime, and 1 Louisiana Supreme hot today and blueberries, suasages. and ham.

Chips+habeneroes+hot sauce == soo goood!
lisab
Aug5-10, 09:49 PM
Mentor
P: 2,977
I have taken a liking to alcohol-free wine. The taste is sort of juicy (not nearly as sweet though) and wine-ish. But the amazing thing is how low it is in calories - 70 calories for 8 ounces (8 ounces sounds like a lot for a glass of wine).
cronxeh
Aug5-10, 10:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
Ok so.. I had copious amounts of red wine.. *BURP* some umm.. I don't know, but it was weird.. and now im listening to Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit. Anyone else notice the tremolo in her voice.. its sort of like that sensation in the back of your head, like she licks your neck with her tongue
Ivan Seeking
Aug5-10, 11:22 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
My cousin was telling how much she depends on texting. So I described something I saw on PF.

Did you hear about the new speech to text function? Yeah, you just talk to your Blackberry, it converts your speech to text, sends this to the reciever who [having the same function] actually hears the text read aloud. In turn, he can simply speak into his blackberry, and your text is read aloud to you.

She thought it sounded really cool!!!

Then I pointed out that she has one [more or less]: It's called a telephone. The only difference is that with speech to text, all of your friends sound just like Stephen Hawking.
rootX
Aug5-10, 11:27 PM
I wish there were more power outages.
Char. Limit
Aug5-10, 11:35 PM
PF Gold
In response to Ivan, I'd rather be Stephen Hawking than me right now... but in a few years when I have the Nobel in Mathematics... then it will be different.
Char. Limit
Aug5-10, 11:41 PM
PF Gold
Meh. Einstein's theory isn't nearly as cool as string theory. If it needs 10 dimensions, it's gotta be awesome.
Office_Shredder
Aug5-10, 11:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,500
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
In response to Ivan, I'd rather be Stephen Hawking than me right now... but in a few years when I have the Nobel in Mathematics... then it will be different.
I assume first you'll be founding the Nobel Prize in Mathematics
Char. Limit
Aug5-10, 11:55 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Office_Shredder View Post
I assume first you'll be founding the Nobel Prize in Mathematics
Already working on it. That's how I'll win, too: easy to win if you're the founder. I'll hire PFers after year one for the real prize nominations... they know who's achieved, hopefully.

Register to reply