by protonchain
Tags: random
Ivan Seeking
Feb27-12, 09:17 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
A friend opposes the counter-argument to the proposition that it isn’t impossible for political non-issues to negatively impact the reversal of antidisestablishmentarianism? Don’t you agree? If not, why so?
Pythagorean
Feb27-12, 09:57 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,181
I don't not agree, but I can't judge unknowingly what's not on the table based on the absence of a negative.
Ivan Seeking
Feb27-12, 10:09 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Pythagorean View Post
I don't not agree, but I can't judge unknowingly what's not on the table based on the absence of a negative.
It's simply the negative of the counter-argument to the proposition.

I sense a negative attitude, do I not?
OmCheeto
Feb28-12, 12:14 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,369

Although I have 700+ subscriptions at PF, I somehow missed the "cool nasa photo of the day" thread.
Pythagorean
Feb28-12, 12:33 AM
PF Gold
P: 4,181
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
It's simply the negative of the counter-argument to the proposition.

I sense a negative attitude, do I not?
more like a double negative attitude!
Borg
Feb28-12, 03:30 AM
PF Gold
P: 728
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post

Although I have 700+ subscriptions at PF, I somehow missed the "cool nasa photo of the day" thread.
Link?
wukunlin
Feb28-12, 04:00 AM
PF Gold
P: 340
A friend opposes the counter-argument to the proposition that it isnít impossible for political non-issues to negatively impact the reversal of antidisestablishmentarianism? Donít you agree? If not, why so?
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh my head!!!
jhae2.718
Feb28-12, 08:57 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,153
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/
Jimmy Snyder
Feb28-12, 09:01 AM
P: 2,163
Quote Quote by jhae2.718 View Post
Closest approach to Kansas next week?
OmCheeto
Feb28-12, 09:19 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,369
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
Link?
I don't think the thread exists. I have to randomly run across such images on the internet. Usually years after they've been taken.
jhae2.718
Feb28-12, 09:54 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,153
Om, they're probably from APOD.
zoobyshoe
Feb28-12, 10:06 AM
P: 5,616
A friend opposes the counter-argument to the proposition that it isnít impossible for political non-issues to negatively impact the reversal of antidisestablishmentarianism? Donít you agree? If not, why so?
Quote Quote by Pythagorean View Post
Revisionist pro-antidisestablishmentarians assert the presence of negative non-propositional agreements that would suggest both pro and con counter-assertions to purely political reverse thinking not be viewed as either possible or non-impossible, but as 'oppositionally retroactive pending disproof of negation by inhibited 20-20 hindsight'. I'm not completely unsure I wouldn't disagree, but you have to remember not to forget to bear in mind, that will all be closer than it looks when read in a rearview mirror.)
turbo
Feb28-12, 10:58 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
My wife won $100 in the Daytona office pool. Go Kenseth!
Jimmy Snyder
Feb28-12, 11:29 AM
P: 2,163
Last night at the JCC where my son plays basketball, he got to meet Lenny Krayzelburg, the American Olympic swimmer with 4 gold medals. Mr. Krayzelburg was visiting the JCC to give speeches and to encourage the youngsters in all of the groups at the JCC. When we got there, he was signing autographs for a group of young children and for the special needs basketball team. He's very personable and took a few moments to find out from each child just how to sign the photo. A gold medal was being passed around the room so we could get a good look at it. It is heavy like gold, but I'm told it's not actually gold. Later he had his picture taken with the whole team, of course, wearing the medal.
Ivan Seeking
Feb28-12, 03:29 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
There is a huge indirect customer that I've been trying to land as a direct customer for over a year now. I had hoped that I had enough of a foot in the door that my name would come up if they had need of a system's integrator. Finally, it did. So they called my cell phone instead of my main office line.

Because we are surrounded by trees and hills, my cell phone doesn't work in my office. I am usually diligent about checking it but almost everyone knows to call my office line first, so at times I forget to check for messages. Of course, they called last week and I never checked for messages until now. So after getting the opportunity I've been waiting for since January of last year, I missed the call and didn't call back for almost a week!!! Luckily it was no big deal. They have my email so I guess they might have tried that before moving on, but I know from experience that opportunities like this can be frightfully fleeting. Sometimes you only get one chance - one moment - and that's it. Truthfully, I nearly became ill when I realized I'd missed the call. I still feel like an idiot but it all worked out.

I once was on the other end of this problem. Someone else didn't answer their phone in time and I ended up with five years worth of work. This could easily lead to good work for the rest of my career.
turbo
Feb28-12, 03:42 PM
PF Gold
Good going, Ivan. And good luck.

I got some of my best consulting jobs through word-of-mouth. When a mill's production manager tells one of his competitors that you are skilled and honest, it's so much more effective than self-promotion.
Ivan Seeking
Feb28-12, 03:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Good going, Ivan. And good luck.

I got some of my best consulting jobs through word-of-mouth. When a mill's production manager tells one of his competitors that you are skilled and honest, it's so much more effective than self-promotion.
Some places like this are invitation only. There is no other way in. That's why I nearly got sick.

I still don't feel well. That one shook me up a bit.
turbo
Feb28-12, 04:04 PM
PF Gold
Some places like this are invitation only. There is no other way in. That's why I nearly got sick.

I still don't feel well. That one shook me up a bit.
I wish you well. And, yes, some places won't offer you an opportunity to bid on a contract without some street-cred and independent recommendations. Especially in industries that are close-knit with periodic conferences where competitors can swap notes.

I probably had a leg-up in that respect. Your work appears to be much wider-ranging.

Register to reply