PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
OmCheeto
Mar11-12, 05:21 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,370
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Hard to say. From what I understand he is in UK and calls someone there. In general he tries to speak in English, but he puts a single Polish word (that I am not going to translate) everywhere. That's not an uncommon way of speaking in Poland.
Ah! Thank you. Got it now.

Only Rush Limbaugh, as a general rule, uses that word routinely here in the colonies.
OmCheeto
Mar11-12, 05:38 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by wukunlin View Post
probably won't be of help to you, but this is in new zealand. a small 22L fan forced tiny oven, something like this one: http://www.breville.com.au/cooking/o...ast-roast.html

for about NZ$160 (~US$130)

but yeah, that post is basically my rant of some electrician who is either mentally challenged or so desperate for money that he made up bunch of stupid lies to try squeeze some from me
That's not an oven!

That's a toaster!

ps. I still agree with the electrician. The fan probably accounted for 9/10 of the price of your mom's toaster, er,..... oven.
Borg
Mar11-12, 05:41 PM
PF Gold
P: 729
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Simple economics.

I discovered I had a bad water pump in my car -2. So I bought a water pump, having replaced many a water pump in my youthful days. Lo and behold, I discovered that the water pump that needed replacing was basically "inside" my engine.

So I bought a new car.

ps. I need a new oven. Where and how much? I've never had an oven with a fan before, so I won't miss that feature.

pps. But not till tomorrow. I'm cooking some barbecued ribs in my oven at the moment. (Stupid facebook friends.... Always making me hungry for off-season foods in the middle of the day...)
So, you must be in the market for a new house...
wukunlin
Mar11-12, 05:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 341
ps. I still agree with the electrician. The fan probably accounted for 9/10 of the price of you mom's toaster, er,..... oven.
I agree with him on the price bit, it is just that when I clearly told him I don't want it fixed (as in, I agreed with him) he decided to go ahead and demand that I pay for the hours he spent on it.

also, toaster over here means this:

OmCheeto
Mar11-12, 06:41 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
So, you must be in the market for a new house...
Ummm... No. With only 842 days till retirement, I will have plenty of time in the future to replace the water pump on car -2, which is still sitting in the driveway. My oven is still functional, as I can smell the sweet aroma of barbecue sauce and pork ribs wafting through the house.

And yes, I do need a new house, as this one, has no garage.

And I've heard you can't be successful, without one.

CNX.....
ThomasT
Mar11-12, 09:39 PM
P: 1,414
Crocodile Dundee!! I really like that guy. He should have his own thread.
Whoops ... nonrandom ... sorry.
lisab
Mar11-12, 09:53 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Quote Quote by ThomasT View Post
By the way, I'm checking for randomness. Don't make me have to report you. Or myself, for that matter.

We have a running joke about this thread getting closed for being on-topic!
jhae2.718
Mar11-12, 11:13 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,153
rootX
Mar12-12, 12:05 AM
P: 1,295
I don't remember when was the last time I watched Legends of the Hidden Temple ..
Char. Limit
Mar12-12, 11:01 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,930
Any mod who gives out an infraction for a post in a thread that's been locked for two days that literally says this, and only this:

Quote Quote by Me in Another Forum
Now see, that's something I can agree with. I really feel you saw and probably agree with what I was trying to say, and I see and agree with what you're trying to say.
Should be taken out and shot in the street. Preferably on television.
netgypsy
Mar12-12, 11:21 AM
P: 239
I plead guilty to non randomness but always try to include at least one item of random characteristics.

I need to buy a hot pepper plant. I like the bird peppers best but don't know where to find a plant. A Thai restaurant had a large plant in a window box outside the restaurant and I used to snitch a pepper periodically when I needed a jolt. It was great in Colombia to go to any empty lot and pick a few wild ones for dinner. They make a salsa out of cilantro, spring onions, vinegar, tomato and the local hot peppers. Imagine my surprise to find a very similar Indian salsa at the home of a student. Sometimes avocado is added to the Colombian version.
Borek
Mar12-12, 12:26 PM
Admin
P: 22,712
Quote Quote by netgypsy View Post
I need to buy a hot pepper plant.
Buy? Why not grow it from start as we all do?
rollcast
Mar12-12, 12:59 PM
P: 418
[RANT] This is absolutely absurd. Our school revealed the subject choice list for next year and even though 220 of us have filled in questionaires so they can, "Ensure the greatest number of studrents receive a choice of subjects which is satisfactory to their needs" Only 2 people out of about 50 I talked to today said they could do 4 subjects they wanted to do.

My conclusion, the school couldn't organise a knees-up in a brewry.

Like WTF their list would let me pick 4 nonsense subjects which would never get me into any uni, eg . You could do, Sports Studies, Religious Studies, Drama/ Theatre Studies and finally to top it off a good dose of Health and Social Care.

Seriously WTF you can do that but you can't pick, Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Electronics.

Somebody in there needs to get a grip of what the words greatest number and satisfaction mean.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[/RANT]
Evo
Mar12-12, 01:09 PM
Mentor
P: 25,967
The underwire in my FAVORITE bra broke in half and stabbed me.
netgypsy
Mar12-12, 01:40 PM
P: 239
I'd love to but my green thumb is mostly brown and I forget to water and don't have automatic or heating pads or anything like that. My philosophy in planting things is, "If it lives, it likes the location, if it's puny, move it, if it dies, don't buy the same plant again, if it has to be watered once established, don't plant the same plant again."

EVO OWWW

Our ladies say cut one out of a less than favorite and replace the broken one. A good bra is hard to find.
Jimmy Snyder
Mar12-12, 01:43 PM
P: 2,163
I hate when that happens.
turbo
Mar12-12, 01:50 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
The underwire in my FAVORITE bra broke in half and stabbed me.
O Noes!! What greater happenstance could occur?
Evo
Mar12-12, 02:06 PM
Mentor
P: 25,967
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
O Noes!! What greater happenstance could occur?
The meteor is coming, the bra was deflecting space debris.

Register to reply