PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
dkotschessaa
Aug17-12, 09:39 AM
P: 522
Quote Quote by sixholdens View Post
Add older sisters and a baby brother and their cousins! Now you got a roomfull! Back in the day that is. Ours are all over 20 now.....
The other day the battery to my book light, (Who I named "Sparky") needed to be changed. My wife and I placed him on the bed and played Doctor and replaced the batteries as if we were doing a surgical procedure. Then we looked at each other and said, "oh my god. We really need to have kids."

-DaveK
Evo
Aug17-12, 02:36 PM
Mentor
P: 25,961
Quote Quote by dkotschessaa View Post
The other day the battery to my book light, (Who I named "Sparky") needed to be changed. My wife and I placed him on the bed and played Doctor and replaced the batteries as if we were doing a surgical procedure. Then we looked at each other and said, "oh my god. We really need to have kids."

-DaveK
dkotschessaa
Aug17-12, 03:08 PM
Just waiting for those maternity benefits to kick in...
dlgoff
Aug17-12, 03:37 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,633
Then we looked at each other and said, "oh my god. We really need to have kids."
Just waiting for those maternity benefits to kick in...
And the kids are just waiting to be born to get the benefits of dads money.
OmCheeto
Aug18-12, 12:08 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,370
I just ate 2 pounds of microwave dinners.

burp!
sixholdens
Aug18-12, 12:53 AM
P: n/a
Does that make you a glutton or just hungry?
zoobyshoe
Aug18-12, 04:56 AM
P: 5,616
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
But did it help?
Meh. It's the thought that counts.
micromass
Aug18-12, 07:23 AM
Mentor
P: 16,698
dkotschessaa
Aug18-12, 01:07 PM
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
And the kids are just waiting to be born to get the benefits of dads money.
I assure you I plan to thoroughly disappoint them in that respect...

-Dave K
Char. Limit
Aug18-12, 09:49 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,930
If you will, I would like to describe, in great detail, just why the archetype of customers known as "campers" are the worst archetype of any grocery store customer known to man. If you see these people, you can be certain of one thing: They are going to find a way to ruin your day as an employee, somehow.

First, the checkstand, where they will insist on going through the entire transaction just to find out how much it costs, then void it and start all over again in five separate transactions, so that they can "all pay equally." Ah, but one must also consider in the aisles, where they will ask for the most obscure things and then complain when you do not know, on the double, why we are out of organic cola in the flavor they want. Or perhaps outside, where they leave carts full of empty beer boxes and ice bags in the middle of the god-damned handicap spaces because little Suzy was whining like the bratty ***** she is.

Honestly, why anyone would ever want to see a camper in their store, I have no idea. Perhaps it's because they're too stupid/too rushed to try for any sales, so any purchase they make will inevitably be in the triple digits. That and they ALWAYS buy vodka.
rootX
Aug19-12, 10:15 PM
P: 1,295
I am feeling jolly but I should just sleep .. because tomorrow is monday
Evo
Aug19-12, 10:21 PM
Mentor
P: 25,961
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
I am feeling jolly but I should just sleep .. because tomorrow is monday
Go to bed puppy! Sweet dreams.
turbo
Aug19-12, 11:07 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Duke and I are blissfully unaware of weekdays/weekends. Not so my wife and his "momma". She needs our attention, and we need to be keen to her needs.
Borg
Aug20-12, 02:42 AM
PF Gold
P: 729
Every day is a work day for me this month. Monday is just another workday at this point.
mofobro
Aug20-12, 10:42 AM
P: 7
Anybody think it's odd that Venus is about the size of earth, and that Mercury is about the size of the moon?
Jimmy Snyder
Aug20-12, 10:49 AM
P: 2,163
Quote Quote by mofobro View Post
Anybody think it's odd that Venus is about the size of earth, and that Mercury is about the size of the moon?
My wife thinks it's odd that my ring fingers are about the size of my index fingers.
Jimmy Snyder
Aug20-12, 02:58 PM
P: 2,163
This story caught my eye. It's about a HS valedictorian who gave a graduation speech in which she used the phrase "how the hell do I know?" She had submitted a written version of the speech for approval with the phrase "how the heck do I know?", but changed it when she delivered the speech. Now the school says they won't give her a diploma until she offers a written apology.

If she were my daughter, she would have written that apology already and this would not be in the news. Is it her stance that she intended to hoodwink the school and deliberately submitted a misleading written copy? Or does she claim that it was an unintentional slip of the tongue? If the latter, then why the reluctance to apologize? Will the ACLU get involved because of the free speech connection? The school is not saying that she can't have her diploma. They have only put conditions on her receiving it. I don't know if they are within their rights to make such conditions, but I hope they are.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...134805221.html
OmCheeto
Aug20-12, 08:33 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,370
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
If you will, I would like to describe, in great detail, just why the archetype of customers known as "campers" are the worst archetype of any grocery store customer known to man. If you see these people, you can be certain of one thing: They are going to find a way to ruin your day as an employee, somehow.

First, the checkstand, where they will insist on going through the entire transaction just to find out how much it costs, then void it and start all over again in five separate transactions, so that they can "all pay equally." Ah, but one must also consider in the aisles, where they will ask for the most obscure things and then complain when you do not know, on the double, why we are out of organic cola in the flavor they want. Or perhaps outside, where they leave carts full of empty beer boxes and ice bags in the middle of the god-damned handicap spaces because little Suzy was whining like the bratty ***** she is.

Honestly, why anyone would ever want to see a camper in their store, I have no idea. Perhaps it's because they're too stupid/too rushed to try for any sales, so any purchase they make will inevitably be in the triple digits. That and they ALWAYS buy vodka.
I wish I could make this my signature.

Register to reply