Electronics and logic gate question

by Learnphysics
Tags: electronics, gate, logic
Learnphysics
Sep19-09, 03:38 AM
P: 92
I know this is probably in the wrong board, but.

I'v just been looking into some Boolean algebra to convert truth tables into a set of logic gates representing a circuit.

If i were attempting to represent a certain truth table, but i was limited to ONLY using NAND gates. (their the only one's i can find). How would i go about doing this.

IM assuming i get a boolean expression for the truth table, and then attempt to factorize it into a certain form which uses only NAND gates. BUt im not exactly sure how to proceed.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Fiber-optic microscope will help physicians detect cancer, diseases at early stages
Wind tunnel tests support improved aerodynamic design of B61-12 bomb
Smart sensor technology to combat indoor air pollution
waht
Sep19-09, 09:09 AM
P: 1,636
You can also do this with NOR gates, they are both very flexible.

Kenneth Mann
Sep19-09, 12:58 PM
P: 410

Electronics and logic gate question

Quote Quote by Learnphysics View Post
I know this is probably in the wrong board, but.

I'v just been looking into some Boolean algebra to convert truth tables into a set of logic gates representing a circuit.

If i were attempting to represent a certain truth table, but i was limited to ONLY using NAND gates. (their the only one's i can find). How would i go about doing this.

IM assuming i get a boolean expression for the truth table, and then attempt to factorize it into a certain form which uses only NAND gates. BUt im not exactly sure how to proceed.

Is this for a particular application, or is it a classroom problem?

KM

Register to reply