Register to reply

Electronics and logic gate question

by Learnphysics
Tags: electronics, gate, logic
Share this thread:
Learnphysics
Sep19-09, 03:38 AM
P: 92
I know this is probably in the wrong board, but.

I'v just been looking into some Boolean algebra to convert truth tables into a set of logic gates representing a circuit.

If i were attempting to represent a certain truth table, but i was limited to ONLY using NAND gates. (their the only one's i can find). How would i go about doing this.

IM assuming i get a boolean expression for the truth table, and then attempt to factorize it into a certain form which uses only NAND gates. BUt im not exactly sure how to proceed.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Identifying long-distance threats: New 3D technology could improve CCTV images
Intelligent system that predicts when alarms might be triggered could greatly improve the management of industrial plant
3D printed nose wins design award
waht
Sep19-09, 09:09 AM
P: 1,636
You can also do this with NOR gates, they are both very flexible.

Kenneth Mann
Sep19-09, 12:58 PM
P: 410
Electronics and logic gate question

Quote Quote by Learnphysics View Post
I know this is probably in the wrong board, but.

I'v just been looking into some Boolean algebra to convert truth tables into a set of logic gates representing a circuit.

If i were attempting to represent a certain truth table, but i was limited to ONLY using NAND gates. (their the only one's i can find). How would i go about doing this.

IM assuming i get a boolean expression for the truth table, and then attempt to factorize it into a certain form which uses only NAND gates. BUt im not exactly sure how to proceed.

Is this for a particular application, or is it a classroom problem?

KM

Register to reply