Tags: None
Share this thread:
Greg Bernhardt
Oct21-09, 04:00 AM
Admin
P: 9,334
Piled Higher & Deeper by Jorge Cham
www.phdcomics.com
title: "Babies" - originally published 10/19/2009 For the latest news in PHD Comics, CLICK HERE!

More...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
Moonbear
Oct21-09, 07:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
I think Jorge missed the boat on this one. There are a lot of things parents don't understand about grad school, but one of the few things they do seem to understand is that you're serious enough about your education that getting married and having babies are far lower on your priority list. My parents gave up at "when are you going to get a boyfriend?" But, of course, that's mostly because they don't know about my boyfriends...it's really none of their business. My mom does know me well enough to realize that there's a good chance she might first find out about a boyfriend when I send her a wedding announcement (not invitation, but announcement).
Pinu7
Oct23-09, 04:40 AM
P: 270
Moonbear, that's so mean!

story645
Dec1-09, 12:37 AM
P: 670
10/19/09 PHD comic: 'Babies'

Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
There are a lot of things parents don't understand about grad school, but one of the few things they do seem to understand is that you're serious enough about your education that getting married and having babies are far lower on your priority list. .
I know it's a month late and all, but I thought he was spot on. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I haven't even started grad school yet and I'm already getting pressure about marriage, as are many of my friends in grad school (those who aren't already married.)

Register to reply