Register to reply

Contribution of physics

by interestedman
Tags: contribution, physics
Share this thread:
interestedman
Nov14-09, 07:56 AM
P: 18
how has physics actually contributed in explaining the complexities of our world,what are the latest developments that have at least theoretically attempted an explanation?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
FoxCommander
Nov19-09, 04:34 PM
P: 87
Physics, in my opinion, is the fundemental science because it is the basic of them all, chemistry doesnt even come close to how in-debt physics goes. As for how it has explained somethings, yes it has. We have figured out that there are 4 fundemental forces in the universe, Gravity, Electromagnetic, Strong-nuclear and Weak-nuclear. We have also formulated equations where we can combine Electro, Strong-n, and Weak-n into one force! which is pretty amazing, the final step is finding the so called Super Force, the one that started it all. We are getting closer to finding it
interestedman
Nov21-09, 11:38 AM
P: 18
thanks foxcommander,thanks a lot ,i find your post more understandable than the others,i want to make use of this,and kindly ask you what could i read to eluminate me on the super force,and what is your opinion.

T.O.E Dream
Nov21-09, 07:59 PM
P: 218
Contribution of physics

Quote Quote by interestedman View Post
i find your post more understandable than the others
Umm, that's because he's the only one that posted, you probably we're seeing the physicsorg links. Sorry but I had to point it out.
FoxCommander
Nov22-09, 03:03 PM
Try the book called Super Force by Paul Davies. You can find it on Amazon. I have actually read most of it, thats where i learned most of it. Its one of the best books I have ever read. hope you enjoy it
Sincerely,
FoxCommander
dnp33
Nov22-09, 04:18 PM
P: 40
i've heard people describe it as physics is the science behind engineering.
if you look at it that way, which makes sense, because many of today's technological advances comes from the field of engineering without the study of physics our standard of living would not be the same without phyics.
MaxwellsDemon
Nov22-09, 10:02 PM
P: 112
dnp33 is right. Engineering is basically just applied physics. A world without physics would be a world without refrigerators, microwaves, electricity, cars, airplanes, telephones, radio/television, computers, etc. Harnessing the power of the atom in the last century had a huge political and social impact. Although physics can often seem aloof and highly theoretical, it has enormous practical applications.
FoxCommander
Nov23-09, 12:19 AM
I totally agree with these guys 100%. Thats why im becoming an engineer. All those other professions can suck it! ha ha

Register to reply