Creating Alternative Bond Representations in Isis Draw and Chem Draw Ultra

• Thread starter Rajini
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chem
In summary, the conversation is about drawing a pentagon with a semicircle in it using software such as Isis Draw and ChemDraw Ultra. The speaker is seeking help on how to draw this representation in a professional way, as it is commonly used in journals. They mention that ChemDraw Ultra has a template for a pentagon with a full circle, but they are looking for a way to automatically draw a semicircle inside the pentagon.
Rajini
Hi all,
i have access to the two software: (Isis draw and Chem draw ultra.).
I want to know how to draw a pentagon (cyclopentane) with a semicircle in it (to represent the alternative bond)..this kind of representations are widely use in many journals..
Can anyone help to how to draw it in a professional way..

thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org

Chemdraw should have that. Look through the templates on chemdraw.

Hi thanks..
But in template..i see a pentagon with full circle..
Also in Chemdraw ultra..i can draw circle manually..But is there a way to draw automatically..sometimes i want to draw semicircle inside a pentagon..
thanks

1. What is the difference between Isis Draw and Chem Draw Ultra?

Isis Draw and Chem Draw Ultra are both molecular drawing programs used in chemistry and biochemistry research. The main difference is that Isis Draw is a free software while Chem Draw Ultra is a paid software. Additionally, Chem Draw Ultra has more advanced features and a larger database of chemical structures compared to Isis Draw.

2. Can I use Isis Draw and Chem Draw Ultra for both 2D and 3D molecular structures?

Yes, both programs have the capability to draw both 2D and 3D molecular structures. However, Chem Draw Ultra has more advanced tools and features for creating and manipulating 3D structures.

3. Are there any limitations to the types of molecules that can be drawn using Isis Draw and Chem Draw Ultra?

Both programs have a comprehensive database of chemical structures and can draw a wide range of molecules, including organic and inorganic compounds. However, there may be limitations for extremely complex or large molecules.

4. Are there any tutorials or resources available for learning how to use Isis Draw and Chem Draw Ultra?

Yes, both programs have user guides and tutorials available on their respective websites. There are also many online resources and forums where users can share tips and tricks for using these programs.

5. Can I export my drawings from Isis Draw or Chem Draw Ultra into other programs or formats?

Yes, both programs allow for exporting of drawings into various formats, such as PNG, JPG, PDF, and more. This allows for easy sharing and integration with other software programs.