|Register to reply||
|Share this thread:|
Nov19-09, 03:25 PM
Hi, my name is Ryan and I need to do an informational interview on mechanical engineering for my college career planning class.
If anyone that is already in this career has time to answer as many of the following quesitons possible it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could give me the name of the company you work for and at least your first name..however, I completely understand if you do not want to give out that information on this forum. If it would be any easier, my email address is email@example.com, please fill free to email me instead.
1. How did you become interested in this occupation?
2. What do you do on a typical day?
3. How did you prepare for your occupation (education, training, etc.)?
4. What skills are needed for this occupation?
5. Are there any specific courses a student might take that would be particularly beneficial in this field?
6. What do you like best about your job?
7. What do you like least about your job?
8. How much time do you spend at work?
9. What are the starting and average pay scales for people in your occupation?
10. Is there a demand for people in this field?
11. How do you see the jobs in this field changing over the next few years?
12. What would be the best way to obtain a position which will start me on a career in this field?
13. How does recruiting and hiring currently take place in this field?
14. What special advice would you give someone interested in this field?
15. Is there someone else I could talk to or other resources I could research about work in this occupation?
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, I very much appreciate it!!
|Register to reply|
|Who to interview (astronomy high school project)||Introductory Physics Homework||1|
|Is the micro-chip an informational inevitability of the planet.||General Physics||0|
|Informational Darwinism||General Discussion||0|