Register to reply

Scheduling help

by Quincy
Tags: scheduling
Share this thread:
Quincy
Dec2-09, 01:38 AM
P: 224
I'm on pace to take Differential Equations and Signals & Systems I (EE course) simultaneously in the 4th semester; the course catalog says that it is highly recommended that I take Diff. Eq. prior to Signals & Systems I. So, if I switch Diff. Eq. with a literature course (which I can take anytime later), I would be taking Calculus III, Linear Algebra, and Diff Eq in the same semester. Would it be a bad idea to take those three math courses simultaneously in one semester, in terms of pre-req requirements?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
Capturing ancient Maya sites from both a rat's and a 'bat's eye view'
tmyer2107
Dec2-09, 08:25 AM
P: 84
I think taking those three maths in the same semester would be better than taking Diff Eq and S&S I at the same time. If your diff eq is anything like mine was then you will need more calc II knowledge than anything else. The linear algebra that the diff eq involved was pretty basic and can be taught from scratch in the diff eq class if you haven't already learned it in linear algebra yet.
davesface
Dec2-09, 10:35 AM
P: 96
Calc. 3 (Multivar) and LinAlg are combined into one course at my school and I had no problems taking that at the same time as Diff Eq, but it could be different elsewhere.

If you're that concerned about it, you should definitely talk to your adviser and/or the professors teaching the classes next semester and get their opinions on the viability of taking all 3 at once.

Register to reply