by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: party
Share this thread:
turbo
Dec30-09, 08:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Evo child's boyfriend dug my car out tonight. They went everywhere looking for a snow shovel, but everyone was sold out, so the poor guy bought a garden shovel and dug me out with that tiny thing, I was wondering why it was taking him so long.

That guy is a keeper.
He doesn't own a snow shovel and he is a keeper? Wow.
Evo
Dec30-09, 08:35 PM
Mentor
P: 26,655
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
He doesn't own a snow shovel and he is a keeper? Wow.
He lives in an apartment that clears the snow, so why would he need a snow shovel?

My problem is that it snowed for 4 days and I didn't move my car for that entire time and my car is a sports car that is VERY low to the ground.
Moonbear
Dec30-09, 09:15 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
He lives in an apartment that clears the snow, so why would he need a snow shovel?
None of you own a snow shovel? And, digging your car out of snow is exactly why everyone should have a snow shovel. I have a nice big one for the driveway, and a smaller one that fits in the trunk of my car for digging myself out of places like parking lots if I get plowed in. Even when I lived in dorms and apartments, I had a snow shovel, because the plows ALWAYS plow the cars into the lots.
turbo
Dec30-09, 09:40 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
None of you own a snow shovel? And, digging your car out of snow is exactly why everyone should have a snow shovel. I have a nice big one for the driveway, and a smaller one that fits in the trunk of my car for digging myself out of places like parking lots if I get plowed in. Even when I lived in dorms and apartments, I had a snow shovel, because the plows ALWAYS plow the cars into the lots.
In the Evo-world, nobody owns a decent set of jumper-cables or a nice universal lug-wrench, either. Here, you would be looked at as a doofus if you didn't have some of these basic tools in your vehicle. I stopped a couple of days ago and helped a lady dig her truck out of a ditch so she could get back to the firehouse (she usually drives the ambulance). She had 2 different shovels in her truck and I had another in my Subaru Forester. Lack of preparation=ignorance.
Evo
Dec30-09, 10:08 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
In the Evo-world, nobody owns a decent set of jumper-cables or a nice universal lug-wrench, either. Here, you would be looked at as a doofus if you didn't have some of these basic tools in your vehicle. I stopped a couple of days ago and helped a lady dig her truck out of a ditch so she could get back to the firehouse (she usually drives the ambulance). She had 2 different shovels in her truck and I had another in my Subaru Forester. Lack of preparation=ignorance.
I have jumper cables in my trunk.

No, when you have a snow removal service at an apartment, you don't need a snow shovel, we don't get that much snow. This was a freak incident of 4 days of snow. As dl said, he was stuck for 4 days. If I had been moving my car in and out of my parking space, it would have been cleared, like everyone else's space was. I was the only one that never moved their car.

I also have a roadside assistance plan. Recently I had a flat tire and the guy was there in less than 15 minutes to replace the tire. What I'm not good at, I make sure I have someone on call 24 hours that can do it for me. A lug wrench does me no good if I can't use it. I'd be a doofus to think I could do it myself.
GeorginaS
Dec30-09, 10:20 PM
P: 380
We need to get back to the party plans! Anyone bringing champagne? How late is the party going? Had I known PF was having a shindig, I wouldn't have spent a whole bunch of money on tickets to an event. Now, okay, event tickets in hand, if y'all are still around when I get home, I'll bring an extra bottle of bubbly and a bag of Doritos. Nothing is too good for the people here at PF.
Evo
Dec30-09, 10:25 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by GeorginaS View Post
We need to get back to the party plans! Anyone bringing champagne? How late is the party going? Had I known PF was having a shindig, I wouldn't have spent a whole bunch of money on tickets to an event. Now, okay, event tickets in hand, if y'all are still around when I get home, I'll bring an extra bottle of bubbly and a bag of Doritos. Nothing is too good for the people here at PF.
Not the blue cheese doritos, I spent an entire night upchucking those. I walk a bit faster down the chip aisle now.

I think we're going to be open all New Year's eve through New Year's day, so pop in anytime! It would be lovely to have you in chat Georgina.
Greg Bernhardt
Dec30-09, 10:47 PM
Admin
P: 9,684
I'll have chat open late afternoon.
GeorginaS
Dec31-09, 12:22 AM
P: 380
During the day on New Year's Day too? You really know how to throw a party, Greg! I'll bring streamers too.
cristo
Dec31-09, 03:15 AM
Mentor
P: 8,325
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
I'll have chat open late afternoon.
Late afternoon which time zone?
Redbelly98
Dec31-09, 06:52 AM
Mentor
P: 12,074
My wife and I plan to go out tonight, but I may drop in at some point.

Shall I bring something for everyone to eat, or just bring myself?
Andre
Dec31-09, 07:33 AM
P: 5,460
Quote Quote by Redbelly98 View Post
My wife and I plan to go out tonight, but I may drop in at some point.

Shall I bring something for everyone to eat, or just bring myself?
Hmm, maybe the wood of the pecker is hard to digest
Greg Bernhardt
Dec31-09, 11:39 AM
Admin
P: 9,684
I'll be home by 4pm CST to get the party started!
cristo
Dec31-09, 01:20 PM
Mentor
P: 8,325
Well, if I make it home I may catch you in the small hours; if not, hope everyone has a great new year.
Moonbear
Dec31-09, 02:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
I'll definitely be around tonight. I ALMOST had some plans, but then saw the weather forecast. Freezing rain and snow starting around 10 PM, with icing of roads predicted. No way I'm going anywhere with ice and drunk drivers in the forecast...bad combination. I feel bad for the EMS and ER workers tonight. Aside from the usual drinking related accidents, they're going to have to deal with the sober drivers crashing on icy roads too. It's supposed to last well into tomorrow morning, so even if I planned to stay at someone else's house for the night, it will still be a mess to get home even tomorrow.

So, I'll be watching for the round-the-world New Year's wishes online instead.

And Happy New Year to those already celebrating.
Astronuc
Dec31-09, 02:28 PM
Admin
P: 21,909
I just finished cleaning the driveway of a couple of inches of snow. We may have more tonight. We usually stay in New Year's Eve. Tonight we'll do Indian takeout - we got tired of turkey and ham.

Tomorrow we'll probably do some kind of chili, which should go well with black-eyed peas.
Evo
Dec31-09, 02:35 PM
Mentor
I got my black Eyed peas and collard greens for tomorrow!

Looks like we should have a fun crowd tonight! Glad you're coming over MB.

I'm making spinach and artichoke dip.
turbo
Dec31-09, 02:36 PM
PF Gold
We're looking at snow for all weekend, and depending on the storm-track, it could turn into a classic nor'easter. It's already snowing steadily.

Register to reply