by brewnog
Tags: circuit, hydraulics, work
brewnog
Aug16-04, 09:44 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
Hello there,

I have designed a machine which requires a double-acting hydraulic cylinder. I need someone to let me know if this attached circuit works, if not why not, and whether there is a better way of doing it! The fluid will return to tank for about two thirds of the time the machine is switched on. Will my pump be happy? Do I need a reasonable load so that my motor does not turn into a massive 30kW electric heater? Help on this circuit would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
hydraulic circuit 1.GIF  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Cougars' diverse diet helped them survive the Pleistocene mass extinction
Cyber risks can cause disruption on scale of 2008 crisis, study says
Mantis shrimp stronger than airplanes
Danger
Jul16-05, 10:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,961
The symbols are unfamiliar to me, but... knowing you, it probably won't work. Cat did hire your for your looks, right?
Pengwuino
Jul16-05, 10:37 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,125
looks like a cartoon character :P

Danger
Jul16-05, 10:46 PM
PF Gold

Hydraulics - does this circuit work?

Quote Quote by Pengwuino
looks like a cartoon character :P
Yeah. I'm not sure what that big eyeball is looking at, but it certainly seems intent.
Pengwuino
Jul16-05, 10:55 PM
PF Gold
rofl yah, i immediately thought "whos eyeball is that"
Q_Goest
Jul16-05, 10:55 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,878
Hey Brewnog, I don't see a problem with this circuit. Most hydraulic RV's are designed to be able to handle constant use (unlike gasseous ones) so having the pump go through the RV on every cycle is fine. If you have any concerns, I'm sure the folks selling the equipment can take a look for you, but from the little I know it's fine as is.
Pengwuino
Jul16-05, 10:58 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Q_Goest
Hey Brewnog, I don't see a problem with this circuit. Most hydraulic RV's are designed to be able to handle constant use (unlike gasseous ones) so having the pump go through the RV on every cycle is fine. If you have any concerns, I'm sure the folks selling the equipment can take a look for you, but from the little I know it's fine as is.
Oh god, thats like when some people throw a bucket of paint on the wall and start interpretting the 'art' of it and im just sitting there crying because i dont know what there talking about.
Danger
Jul16-05, 11:15 PM
PF Gold
I strongly suspect that Mr. Goest didn't note the time differential between the original post and my response to it.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BREWSKI!!
11th, that is. I just had to do it now so that nobody pre-empts me.
brewnog
Jul17-05, 06:23 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Ahhhh, so you were waiting the entire year before you all answered my question!

As you can see, art isn't my strong point. However, the circuit was all good, a real engineer told me so!
Q_Goest
Jul17-05, 06:30 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,878
I strongly suspect that Mr. Goest didn't note the time differential between the original post and my response to it.
LOL, yep! My eyes never wandered onto that detail.

Looks like the OP kept well though, didn't get all stinky and rotton yet.

- And look! There's Brewnog, still under the same tree and rousing from his sleep! Perhaps he needs a shave and a cold beer, but it seems his mind is still sharp as ever.
Danger
Jul17-05, 11:12 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by brewnog
Ahhhh, so you were waiting the entire year before you all answered my question!
Hey, I've only been here since February. It's not my fault that everyone else ignored you for 6 months before that. As for me, I just found the thread whilst wandering about aimlessly.
brewnog
Jul17-05, 11:21 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Danger
Hey, I've only been here since February. It's not my fault that everyone else ignored you for 6 months before that. As for me, I just found the thread whilst wandering about aimlessly.

Slightly ironic really. I came here originally looking for some help. I didn't get any, but instead got sucked in and ended up being a helper-outer instead. Oh well.
Danger
Jul17-05, 11:41 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by brewnog
I came here originally looking for some help. I didn't get any, but instead got sucked in and ended up being a helper-outer instead.
I'm familiar with the concept. I came looking for help, didn't get any, ran into you instead, and ended up being a general pain-in-the-***. I guess we all find our niche.
FredGarvin
Jul18-05, 06:22 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,095
Well, if it's any consolation Brews....it should work fine. Just make sure your bypass/regulator is sized sufficiently.

How's that?

Register to reply