Simple Quiz Program

by aychamo
Tags: program, quiz, simple
Share this thread:
aychamo
Aug30-04, 08:38 AM
P: 376
Hey guys

A lot of my classes this semester (parastiology, cell biology, ecology) are a lot of definitions that I need to have nailed down solid.

I'm looking for a little definitions quiz program that I can use, I'd like to be able to enter the word and definition and have it ask my either the word or definition and I'd have to answer it. I don't have to be able to type it in, just show it to me then I hit a button and it tells me the answer (I'll know if I'm right or not, I dont need the program to tell me).

If I cant' find something, I'd like to write a simple one in Delphi on WinXP. What type of data type would you think I should do this in?

Should I do a big array of like [1..255] or something of Strings? I could put the definitions and words in a txtfile and have each separated by a <newline> (#10#14).

I took a Java class a few years ago and we learned about vectors which were like dynamic datatypes and you could define them as you needed them instead of making arrays. I don't know what the equivelant is in Delphi (I'm so far out of the programming loop it's not funny). Is there a better datatype than just an array, in delphi?

Anyways.. I just need to learn my junk :)

Thank you!
Aychamo
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
poolwin2001
Aug30-04, 11:06 AM
P: 173
Hi
I dont know anything about Delphi,but in c++/VB/c#/Java etc (i think in all programming languages )you neednt keep the answers as strings.
Just write everything int a file in a suitable format like

$Defn1
blah blah blah blah blah bla....

$Defn2
blah blah blah blah blah bla....

Then just read the suitable Defn and answers

Pseudocode:

Read text file till $ is reached
Display everything till newline as question
Display everything until next $ as answer

This can be implemented as a loop easily

For input program replace Disply by Input,etc..
chronon
Aug30-04, 11:44 AM
P: 499
Delphi has a TStringList type, which stores a list of strings, but also has methods for dealing with strings of the form

name=value

The TValueListEditor component stores its values in a StringList, and so looks like what you need

Register to reply