Specific Heat Capacity and Specific Latent Heat

by GKRKarateKid
Tags: capacity, heat, latent, specific
GKRKarateKid
Aug23-10, 04:34 AM
P: 7
Hi Everyone

I have to create an experiment for my assignment in Physics.
I've chosen to do something about Specific Heat Capacity. A boy in my class is also doing SHC so I wanted to make mine a little different from his.

I've just recently joined physics (never done it before) and I was wondering if Specific Heat Capacity and Specific Latent Heat have anything in common. Or if there is any way that I could include them in the same experiment and somehow discuss how (if) they relate to eachother by comparing the results from the experiment.

Oh and i'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't sure whether to post it in here or the homework section
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
Sakha
Aug23-10, 09:32 AM
P: 295
You could heat a block of ice until it goes to vapor, always checking for temperature, then graphing time vs temperature and showing the latent heat in the graph as an horizontal line.
GKRKarateKid
Aug28-10, 12:17 AM
P: 7
Quote Quote by Sakha View Post
You could heat a block of ice until it goes to vapor, always checking for temperature, then graphing time vs temperature and showing the latent heat in the graph as an horizontal line.
Do you mean something along the lines of this ?
http://www.absorblearning.com/media/...ction?quick=zy

Register to reply