Eight-year-old is pregnant (due to sicko)

by Adam
Tags: eightyearold, pregnant, sicko
Adam
Sep9-04, 12:34 PM
P: 454
A GIRL aged eight has been found to be pregnant.

Police, who suspected that she was transporting illegal drugs in her stomach, rushed the girl to a hospital in Meissen, southern Bogota.

Doctors there found that the child was 32 weeks pregnant after being raped.

The girl said she had been attacked by an employee at a pharmacy near her home.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E401%2c00.html
Now, I don't like violence. I think it should be the last resort in nearly every case. I see the use of physical force as the failure of one's mental capabilities. However, when it comes to the defence of the innocent, the most definite and certain method should be employed first, to absolutely neutralise the threat before it can be materialised. When it comes to self-defence, I will always follow this rule. When it comes to a little girl, only eight years old, I think every person should follow this rule. Adults create this world, and kids have to deal with the consequences. Adults are responsible where that kid lives. Get a DNA match to be certain, then allow the kid's parents to put a bullet in his head.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
Zantra
Sep9-04, 12:53 PM
P: 869
that's very sad indeed. That little girl will never be the same. I'm just wondering how her parents didn't notice. She was 32 weeks after all!
Adam
Sep9-04, 01:21 PM
P: 454
Maybe they did notice. There are some pretty screwy cultures here and there.

Thallium
Sep9-04, 04:08 PM
P: 263

Eight-year-old is pregnant (due to sicko)

What will they do about this? She cannot give birth. She will not survive that tremendous burden, will she?
cragwolf
Sep9-04, 10:58 PM
P: 210
The person who committed this crime should be punished like any other rapist. The age or any other characteristic of the victim should be irrelevant. The law should strive to be as rational as possble, and try to leave the emotion out of it. On the other hand, I believe rapists and murderers should be locked up for life, sentences need to be a lot more harsher for violent crimes, and violent criminals should be seperated from non-violent criminals in the prison system. You can't bring back a dead person, you can't restore the quality of life to a quadriplegic, and it's extremely difficult (often impossible) for a rape victim to recover from the mental pain and anguish they will suffer. Put quite simply, violence is the worst thing in the world, no matter who is the victim, and so it deserves the harshest of sentences.
Moonbear
Sep9-04, 11:32 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
I also think that if someone rapes a woman and impregnates her, if he gets out of prison, he should also be made to pay for child support! No contact with the child, and all the payments should be done through the courts so there is no direct contact with the victim, but make him pay for that child. And cut off his...ummm...do you think castration with a spork is too kind for the guy who did that?

A pregnant 8-yr old...geez. Poor thing. I guess the best that could come of this would be if her parents helped raise the baby sort of as her sibling more than her child. I can't think of any good that could come of an 8 yr old being a mom.
Gokul43201
Sep9-04, 11:38 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,154
Will an 8-year-old be able to handle childbirth ? Medical opinions ?
Greg Bernhardt
Sep9-04, 11:40 PM
Admin
P: 8,532
Quote Quote by Gokul43201
I'm no docter, but I have a cousin that is 9 and I couldn't even begin to think she could physically deliver a child.
Moonbear
Sep9-04, 11:51 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
It would certainly be a high-risk delivery. It might depend on whether the baby has a really low birthweight, which is quite possible for an 8 yr old mother. More likely, she'll need a C-section. Let's just hope she's close to a good medical facility. I'm pretty surprised she's made it to 32 weeks. It's hard to imagine anyone except the staunchest of pro-lifers to expect an 8 yr old to carry a pregnancy to term rather than abort it early, unless since she was so young, her parents just didn't realize she was pregnant until too late to do much (given her age, it's pretty likely she wasn't menstruating yet when raped, and everyone may have thought she was too young to get pregnant).
Ivan Seeking
Sep10-04, 12:07 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
Youngest Mother

Claim: The youngest mother on record was a five-year-old Peruvian girl.

A photograph of the pregnant girl is included.

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp
Dagenais
Sep10-04, 12:35 AM
P: 390
A photograph of the pregnant girl is included.
Ew! The picture is gross. She's naked, obese and...yuck!

I think I'm going to throw up.
Ivan Seeking
Sep10-04, 12:48 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
Quote Quote by Dagenais

Sorry . I never saw that one coming...

Welcome to life you animal.
Kerrie
Sep10-04, 07:27 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 1,188
Quote Quote by Dagenais

you are extremely insensitive! do you not have any compassion for this child? do you think she could have helped how she looked?? perhaps if situations of reality such as this really make you sick, you should resort to living in your SUV in suburbia.
Kerrie
Sep10-04, 07:33 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking
Sorry . I never saw that one coming...

Welcome to life you animal.
don't beat yourself up over it Ivan, it's obvious this member does not have much dealings with the gruesome realities of life...

this article breaks my heart...i have an 8 year old daughter myself who is bright and beautiful...to even fathom the thought of something like this happening to a child of this age is truly sad. any kind of child molestation can produce horrific emotional trauma-this pregnancy has got to be the worst end of it in my opinion...children at age 8 typically do not have the ability to procreate, so if this has happened, just think of how many other kids are sexually abused...
Gokul43201
Sep10-04, 07:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,154
Didn't you know ? In Quebec, they've only got angels on harps.
Kerrie
Sep10-04, 08:09 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Didn't you know ? In Quebec, they've only got angels on harps.
i'm guessing you are referring to Dag's place of residence? interesting that he demands sensitivity as a verminophobic, however cannot have the compassion for a real tragedy such as this...
pace
Sep10-04, 08:12 AM
P: 234
I'd kinda agree that link is a bit on the edge though.
Kerrie
Sep10-04, 08:53 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Quote Quote by pace
I'd kinda agree that link is a bit on the edge though.
absolutely...it should make those of us grateful who live in a society that understands how wrong and sick this is.

Register to reply