How to build a powerful single celled battery

by ethicaldesign
Tags: homemade battery
ethicaldesign
Sep16-10, 04:09 PM
P: 4
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I've been meaning to start a project of my own. I want to create a homemade battery that gives me the highest voltage and current I can have using only two-three metals and an electrolytic solution. It can only be easily accessed metals, as I live in a city and my biggest provider for materials and such is "Home Depot." Is sulfuric acid the best solution to use for this? Is it best to just go with a lemon battery instead? Thank You, I appreciate any help!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping
cjameshuff
Sep16-10, 05:08 PM
P: 210
Quote Quote by ethicaldesign View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I've been meaning to start a project of my own. I want to create a homemade battery that gives me the highest voltage and current I can have using only two-three metals and an electrolytic solution. It can only be easily accessed metals, as I live in a city and my biggest provider for materials and such is "Home Depot." Is sulfuric acid the best solution to use for this? Is it best to just go with a lemon battery instead? Thank You, I appreciate any help!
Try aluminum-air batteries:
http://www.exo.net/~pauld/activities...irbattery.html
http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/h...73MY3DLABDNAQI
ethicaldesign
Sep16-10, 05:29 PM
P: 4
How would that stand compared to a citric acid battery?

Register to reply