Register to reply

How to build a powerful single celled battery

by ethicaldesign
Tags: homemade battery
Share this thread:
ethicaldesign
Sep16-10, 04:09 PM
P: 4
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I've been meaning to start a project of my own. I want to create a homemade battery that gives me the highest voltage and current I can have using only two-three metals and an electrolytic solution. It can only be easily accessed metals, as I live in a city and my biggest provider for materials and such is "Home Depot." Is sulfuric acid the best solution to use for this? Is it best to just go with a lemon battery instead? Thank You, I appreciate any help!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists unlock nature of high-temperature superconductivity
Serial time-encoded amplified microscopy for ultrafast imaging based on multi-wavelength laser
Measuring the smallest magnets: Physicists measured magnetic interactions between single electrons
cjameshuff
Sep16-10, 05:08 PM
P: 210
Quote Quote by ethicaldesign View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I've been meaning to start a project of my own. I want to create a homemade battery that gives me the highest voltage and current I can have using only two-three metals and an electrolytic solution. It can only be easily accessed metals, as I live in a city and my biggest provider for materials and such is "Home Depot." Is sulfuric acid the best solution to use for this? Is it best to just go with a lemon battery instead? Thank You, I appreciate any help!
Try aluminum-air batteries:
http://www.exo.net/~pauld/activities...irbattery.html
http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/h...73MY3DLABDNAQI
ethicaldesign
Sep16-10, 05:29 PM
P: 4
How would that stand compared to a citric acid battery?

Register to reply