Guides to Excel, Word, Etc.

by Pengwuino
Tags: excel, guides, word
Pengwuino
Nov6-10, 04:40 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,125
Does anyone know of any good guides on getting the most out of the programs that typically come with Microsoft Office? And not things like "How do I make a chart?", but something a little more advanced like a sort of "mail merge" between data on a spreadsheet and a word document "template". For example last week I wanted to create current grade printouts for my students which involved having a word document where I could put their name and a little guide to calculating their grade. However I had to manually copy and paste the row of grades from the excel spreadsheet I have and print them 1 by 1. What a pain.

Are there any guides to really getting the most out of programs like these? Hmm, a guide to powerpoint would be nice too... putting videos on a power point reliably.. I like that idea too! I notice so many options in all these programs yet I have no idea how to use them...

Microsofts help isn't of much use...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
Owen-
Nov8-10, 01:24 PM
P: 40
google is normally the best thing for problems like mail merge

This is probably not what you want, but I have found that its just best to mess around on each program and google each point that you need help with. Either that or use the help & tutorials that come with office.
Lisa!
Nov28-10, 09:19 AM
PF Gold
P: 971
Does anyone know how to calculate the area under a curve in Excel? I want some method that would give me a more precise answer than this 1(this uses Trendline Equation to calcuate it!)

Andre
Nov28-10, 10:56 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,450

Guides to Excel, Word, Etc.

Quote Quote by Lisa! View Post
Does anyone know how to calculate the area under a curve in Excel? I want some method that would give me a more precise answer than this 1(this uses Trendline Equation to calcuate it!)
Should be not that difficult to generate a function for that, as I did here in the d-column. This calculates the area exactly, when assuming that there is a straight line in between the datapoints
Attached Files
File Type: xls calc-area.xls (21.0 KB, 10 views)
Lisa!
Dec13-10, 12:40 PM
PF Gold
P: 971
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
Should be not that difficult to generate a function for that, as I did here in the d-column. This calculates the area exactly, when assuming that there is a straight line in between the datapoints
Thanks!

Register to reply