View Poll Results: What would you consider a "safety school" for their Physics PhD program?
LSU 7 63.64%
University of South Carolina 3 27.27%
University of Alabama 6 54.55%
Miami University 3 27.27%
Georgia State University 2 18.18%
Tufts University 0 0%
Boston University 1 9.09%
Arizona State University 1 9.09%
Vanderbilt University 3 27.27%
University of Florida 2 18.18%
University of Nebraska 3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

I just failed the Physics GRE, now what?

by undergrad_phy
Tags: failed, grad school, gre, gre physics, physics
Share this thread:
RunSwimSurf
Feb13-11, 03:32 PM
PF Gold
P: 23
Quote Quote by undergrad_phy View Post
So I know you can't technically "fail" the Physics GRE, but I came about as close as you can- so low that I really wish I didn't take it at all, like I wish the schools were left to wonder what I might have made instead of knowing what I made on this. So low that I'd rather not even mention it here. (Hint: a single digit percentage of people who took the test scored lower than I did.) I have already taken the test again since I took this particular test, but the results for the second time around won't be back until late December.
OP, how did you do the second time around?
panzival
Feb14-11, 04:20 PM
P: 5
Quote Quote by Ryker View Post
When you say no curving, what exactly do you mean? For example, at my university, professors look for gaps in-between student scores, so that those gaps represent cut-offs for different grades. Of course it's probably not always as clear-cut, so that they have to "force" the cut-off and look at the scores themselves, as well, but if the average was 43% and, say, one person got 90% and the next best one got 50%, then the latter wouldn't get a C or a B.
No curving whatsoever in my math class (it really depends on the prof). What you get is what you get.

Register to reply