Register to reply

The eternal singularity

by PIT2
Tags: eternal, singularity
Share this thread:
PIT2
Oct3-04, 03:46 AM
P: 904
Hello im new here. I have been wondering about the true nature of reality for some time, just because im curious. Heres what i have concluded so far and i would like to know if there are any mistakes in it:

The Big Bang started off as a singularity.

Quantum mechanics has shown that it is possible for energy to exist 'outside' of space and 'outside' of time.

So basicly, all information/energy can exist in a singularity(because it needs no space) without beginning or ending(because it needs no time).

So that could mean that right now, everything is still a singularity, because the energy doesnt need to (or cannot) exist in space and time.

And this means that the singularity is still there and that everything is 1 energy.

Ok that was it, please let me know if this is possible or if i made some mistakes.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
selfAdjoint
Oct3-04, 02:27 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 8,147
Quote Quote by PIT2
Hello im new here. I have been wondering about the true nature of reality for some time, just because im curious. Heres what i have concluded so far and i would like to know if there are any mistakes in it:

The Big Bang started off as a singularity.
This is pretty much correct. Some theories of the BB do away with the singularity, such as Hawking's.

Quantum mechanics has shown that it is possible for energy to exist 'outside' of space and 'outside' of time.
No. Energy doesn't. What does is "amplitude", a sort of complex precursor to probability.

So basicly, all information/energy can exist in a singularity(because it needs no space) without beginning or ending(because it needs no time).

So that could mean that right now, everything is still a singularity, because the energy doesnt need to (or cannot) exist in space and time.
You see that your misunderstanding of what quantum mechanics says undercuts this conclusion.

And this means that the singularity is still there and that everything is 1 energy.
And this big one too. Sorry.

Ok that was it, please let me know if this is possible or if i made some mistakes.
That's an excellent attitude, and I hope you won't give up thinking about the world. Maybe check out the quantum mechanics forum up above and collect a little more information.
PIT2
Oct3-04, 05:37 PM
P: 904
Quote Quote by selfAdjoint
No. Energy doesn't. What does is "amplitude", a sort of complex precursor to probability.
Well then atleast this 'amplitude' could exist in a singularity, right?

And this amplitude would be the thing that controls where and when the energy exists? It determines the most probable outcome and puts it there?

I checked the QP forum and initially put this topic there, but then i discovered that their conversations are a bit over my head. But ill keep trying!

Register to reply