BE Mechanical Engineering to Graduate Physics in Plasma

by Pradhan34
Tags: engineering, graduate, mechanical, physics, plasma
Share this thread:
Pradhan34
Jan30-11, 10:47 AM
P: 5
Hi,

I am from India, and i have graduated in mechanical engineering in 2010. Since then i have been working, performing IT systems audit. I like the job but, I think i would be happier(Joy of Understanding - Rattleback???!) in physics. I would like to pursue a graduate degree (MSc) in plasma physics and finally work on fusion. I have taken a look at various universities (US and Europe) and understand that i have a lot of ground to cover before i can understand Plasma Physics.

Now, i have two options

1) Take up a 1 year masters course at university of York(UK) - Plasma Physics (Taught Course) and then apply for an integrated PhD course in the US.

2) Start at the Undergraduate Level and complete a Physics Major and then apply for a masters.

I understand that the 2nd option is the ideal, but then time becomes a factor as well as i am 22 years old.

What do you guys think i should do? Is there any other option? Let me Know

Just to give you context - My college is in the top 30 in the country. I averaged a 75% on my BE. and my research(as part of the course) was in Tensegrity.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100

Register to reply