Register to reply

Which is easier: Physics 1 or Chemistry 1?

by Isaak DeMaio
Tags: chemistry, courses, physics
Share this thread:
osnarf
#19
Feb27-11, 12:21 AM
P: 209
I think physics I is very intuitive. It should all make perfect sense. Chem I (while it should still make sense), you have to go a little more on faith.
lurky
#20
Feb27-11, 01:30 PM
P: 59
I personally found chemistry to be easier than physics, but also considerably less interesting, thus I got a lower grade in it.
osnarf
#21
Feb27-11, 05:11 PM
P: 209
I'll second the less interesting part :)
flyingpig
#22
Mar3-11, 03:19 PM
P: 2,568
Look at the 2009 AP exam distribution

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/ap...Score_Dist.pdf

Only 55% people got higher than a 3, and the mean score is 2.76, with only 18% people getting a 5 and 17% people getting a 4, they combine to be roughly 35% ish

Now look at http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/ap...Score_Dist.pdf

That's 73% of people who got more than a 3 with a mean score of 3.39. The combined % of 4 and 5s are equal to the number of Chemistry students who scored a 3 or higher
johnwilliam
#23
Mar7-11, 02:09 AM
P: 10
Both subjects are some complicated factors. It depends on your interests in some facts like maths.


Register to reply

Related Discussions
Does having a BS in physics make it easier to become an X-ray/MRI technician? Career Guidance 4
Dual major in chemistry and physics of physics and math Academic Guidance 7
Is chemistry easier than physics? General Discussion 24