Your "Dream Come True" thread

by FrancisZ
Tags: dream come true
FtlIsAwesome
Mar11-11, 11:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 193
Quote Quote by nismaratwork View Post
My dream... I want to be able to learn any foreign language as though I were born to it.
Seconded. No miento.

Another dream of mine is for there to be more than 24 hours in a day so I can get more stuff done.
To accomplish that we'll set some asteroids on near-tangent collision courses with Earth...
nismaratwork
Mar11-11, 11:39 PM
P: 2,281
Quote Quote by FtlIsAwesome View Post
Seconded. No miento.

Another dream of mine is for there to be more than 24 hours in a day so I can get more stuff done.
To accomplish that we'll set some asteroids on near-tangent collision courses with Earth...
Why do I get the sense that you should be banned from PF on the ground that the more you learn, the closer you come to becoming an Evil Overlord?
FtlIsAwesome
Mar11-11, 11:44 PM
PF Gold
Why do I get the sense that you should be banned from PF on the ground that the more you learn, the closer you come to becoming an Evil Overlord?
You don't have to worry about me, I'm doing research for the evil megavillian Overlord in my story. To write a good character you have to start thinking like the character, put your mind into the character.

Mwahahaha. See?

Anyway, if I'm banned for being a real Evil Overlord, I'll just come back as another user (due to the EO philosophy requires breaking PF rules in case of banishment). And I'll still be able to read everything without an account.
nismaratwork
Mar11-11, 11:48 PM
You don't have to worry about me, I'm doing research for the evil megavillian Overlord in my story. To write a good character you have to start thinking like the character, put your mind into the character.

Mwahahaha. See?

Anyway, if I'm banned for being a real Evil Overlord, I'll just come back as another user (due to the EO philosophy requires breaking PF rules in case of banishment). And I'll still be able to read everything without an account.
True, just do me a favor and give me a clean death? No sharks...
FtlIsAwesome
Mar11-11, 11:52 PM
PF Gold
Did you say sharks?

I like sharks.
nismaratwork
Mar11-11, 11:55 PM
Did you say sharks?

I like sharks.
I should have remembered the end of the first season of, 'The Wire'.
FtlIsAwesome
Mar12-11, 12:03 AM
PF Gold
Ok, I don't know that show.
FtlIsAwesome
Mar12-11, 12:06 AM
PF Gold
Wait a minute, I already am an Evil Overlord.
Ivan Seeking
Mar12-11, 12:10 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,492
I got sidetracked when the economy crashed, but one of my next goals is to fly one of these babies!

http://www.incredible-adventures.com/migs/program.html

Also, to drive one of these

http://www.agsformule1.com/en/drive-a-formula-1.php

Already did this but want to do it again

http://www.aircombat.com/
S_Happens
Mar12-11, 02:13 AM
PF Gold
P: 301
Quote Quote by DanP View Post
A least, did you managed to mount one ?
And then some...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wa...les/e5a7/#tabs

physics girl phd
Mar12-11, 03:49 AM
P: 938
FrancisZ, you just became the guy I wish I would have married if I met his current self 15 years ago (though I like my fair lady's gloves better than your sleeves, probably because it keeps things covered but has a naughty feel... and goes better with a tiara, which maybe everyone should have once, but I never did, and what might be my wish).

Honestly, it's a sad thing that our society claims to value education, but does not sufficiently pay educators (like we value life but there's little/no support for families of children born disabled -- especially, here in the bible belt south, if they are not baptist). I don't think it would have been like that 60 years ago. My husband's ex-wife's dad (who has become "Grandpa" to us all) was in education, and made a fine living. I feel like for our family, for every step forward, there's two backward -- though we're in it for the long haul (and our slightly planned, slightly unplanned "wouldn't it be nice to have a little girl?" has been the best thing that ever happened to us -- don't give up on your honest good-hearted dreams!!!!!).

I will pray (in my ex-patriot Catholicism) for your wishes (and yours too BobG!!! for to each his own, and I've lived too many lives and seen the appeal of both, made my decisions and will stick to them for the happinesses they do give).

What do I wish or dream for?
A magic wand, to wave over our abode with my four sleeping soul-mates (and two cats), and grant them health and security through their days, so that they might pursue happiness as best they can. and maybe I'd like a neck massage. and a warm cookie. Or even just some pumpernickel toast (but just the bread will have to suffice... I have sleeping soul-mates that awaken on the smell of toasting).
nismaratwork
Mar12-11, 08:09 AM
Ok, I don't know that show.
Hmmm... at some point in the first season a main character is told by his boss that he got his (the boss) current job by telling his superiors the one job he DIDN'T want, when asked about a transfer. The same happens to this character at the end of the first season.

@S_Happens: Oooh.. sparkly meat!
nismaratwork
Mar12-11, 08:10 AM
@Ivan: That looks like a cross between fun, abject terror, exhilaration, and violent dry heaves.
DanP
Mar12-11, 09:59 AM
P: 630
Quote Quote by physics girl phd View Post
FrancisZ, you just became the guy I wish I would have married if I met his current self 15 years ago ...
Do you regret your current marriage ? Thinking to the man who should/could have been, but there is not, to "would if I could" and so on ... is only detrimental to present and what you actually have.
Ivan Seeking
Mar12-11, 01:51 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
@Ivan: That looks like a cross between fun, abject terror, exhilaration, and violent dry heaves.
It was so intense that I was physically incapable of driving for hours afterwards. My wife had to drive me home! I was into some serious adrenalin overload! The fact that I'd never flown a plane before surely contributed signifcantly to the thrill.

I met another guy who did it, but his opponent threw up and passed out. My opponent and I went three for three.

I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who loves a thrill; esp for non-pilots. At about $800, it is very affordable and more fun than sex.
turbo
Mar12-11, 02:00 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
I didn't have to pay, but I have flown with a Maine Warden Service pilot during field-training. He knew that the warden trainees, trainers, and I had consumed a "few" beers the previous evening, and he did his best to induce a reaction in me. I was only interested in getting high-quality aerial photos of the island where we were training. I told him where the bald eagle nest was on the island and he flipped the plane on its side right over the nest so I could shoot straight out the window down into the nest. It was only a Cessna 185, but those babies are capable of some pretty serious maneuvers.
nismaratwork
Mar12-11, 02:11 PM
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
It was so intense that I was physically incapable of driving for hours afterwards. My wife had to drive me home! I was into some serious adrenalin overload! The fact that I'd never flown a plane before surely contributed signifcantly to the thrill.

I met another guy who did it, but his opponent threw up and passed out. My opponent and I went three for three.

I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who loves a thrill; esp for non-pilots. At about $800, it is very affordable and more fun than sex.
Sounds like a lot of fun... reminds me of an old friend who used to make the point:

"Better than sex... well.. it's better than mediocre sex. Most sex isn't great sex, and X, Y, or Z is better than average sex."
Ivan Seeking
Mar12-11, 02:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
"Better than sex... well.. it's better than mediocre sex. Most sex isn't great sex, and X, Y, or Z is better than average sex."
Point taken. For example, given the choice between Nicole Kidman vs Air Combat, Nicole wins hands down every time!

Nicole vs a Mig 31? Sorry Nicole!!!

Register to reply