Register to reply

Derivation of electrical conductivity, Seebeck coefficient and thermal conductivity

Share this thread:
Denver Dang
Mar23-11, 05:45 PM
P: 120
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi...

Don't know if it's actually homework, since it's not, but I hope it's okay to post in here.
I am looking for a paper/website/article of some sort, that might have the derivations of the above mentioned coefficients ?
It's for calculating the figure of merit:

[tex]Z=\frac{\sigma {{S}^{2}}}{\kappa }[/tex]

2. Relevant equations

The equations if was hoping to maybe find some derivatins of is these three:

[tex]\sigma ={{e}^{2}}\int{d\varepsilon \left( -\frac{\partial {{f}_{0}}}{\partial \varepsilon } \right)\Xi \left( \varepsilon \right)}[/tex]

[tex]S=\frac{e{{k}_{B}}}{\sigma }\int{d\varepsilon \left( -\frac{\partial {{f}_{0}}}{\partial \varepsilon } \right)\Xi \left( \varepsilon \right)}\frac{\varepsilon -\mu }{{{k}_{B}}T}[/tex]

[tex]{{\kappa }_{0}}={{k}_{B}}T\int{d\varepsilon \left( -\frac{\partial {{f}_{0}}}{\partial \varepsilon } \right)\Xi \left( \varepsilon \right)}{{\left[ \frac{\varepsilon -\mu }{{{k}_{B}}T} \right]}^{2}}[/tex]

where:

[tex]\[\Xi =\sum\limits_{\overrightarrow{k}}{{{\overrightarrow{v}}_{\overrightarro w{k}}}{{\overrightarrow{v}}_{\overrightarrow{k}}}{{\tau }_{\overrightarrow{k}}}}\][/tex]

3. The attempt at a solution

Don't know if it is possible to find derivations of these, or somewhat similar, or I have to calculate it myself. But I just wanted to try.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space

Register to reply