by builder_user
Tags: nodes, voltage
Share this thread:
gneill
Mar24-11, 06:21 PM
Mentor
P: 11,625
Okay, even better.

Attached is an example, using MathCad, of solving the loops by writing the loop equations in matrix form (which can be done by inspection, and is (almost) foolproof). It's very quick.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Schem1.pdf (67.3 KB, 2 views)
builder_user
Mar24-11, 06:27 PM
P: 196
Intersting.I didn't know about it in Mathcad
all results are the same as the results in my method of countour currents

thank you for your help.
gneill
Mar24-11, 06:45 PM
Mentor
P: 11,625
The most interesting part, I think, is that you can write the equation quickly by inspection.

For the impedance matrix, the terms on the diagonal are just the sum of the impedances (resistances in this case) in the given loop. The off-diagonal terms are just the negative of the impedances that are shared by the loops indexed by the matrix entry. So in this case, for example, R2 is shared by loops 1 and 2, so z12 and z21 are both -R2. Note that the impedance matrix is symmetrical about the diagonal, so it's very quick to fill in.

The voltage vector is just the sum of the voltage source rises in the given loop (where a rise is taken to mean that a given voltage source goes from - to + in the direction of the loop current).
builder_user
Mar24-11, 06:50 PM
P: 196
Quote Quote by gneill View Post
The most interesting part, I think, is that you can write the equation quickly by inspection.

For the impedance matrix, the terms on the diagonal are just the sum of the impedances (resistances in this case) in the given loop. The off-diagonal terms are just the negative of the impedances that are shared by the loops indexed by the matrix entry. So in this case, for example, R2 is shared by loops 1 and 2, so z12 and z21 are both -R2. Note that the impedance matrix is symmetrical about the diagonal, so it's very quick to fill in.

The voltage vector is just the sum of the voltage source rises in the given loop (where a rise is taken to mean that a given voltage source goes from - to + in the direction of the loop current).
I've got it.I compared elements of matrix with my equations a few minutes ago.

Register to reply