Netbeans/cygwin installation problem

In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to install and configure Cygwin with NetBeans on a second computer. They followed instructions from two different websites, but are getting an error when trying to compile a program. They have already tried re-installing and checking for any mishaps, but are still getting the same error. The expert summarizer suggests checking for any read-only permissions that may be causing the issue.
Bob Busby
Hello, I'm a bit of a noob so bear with me. I have gotten all of this to work on one computer but on installing it on another computer I've run into problems. I followed the instructions at this link

http://blog.karthiksankar.com/configuring-cygwin-with-netbeans-in-windows/

http://royalexander.wordpress.com/2009/03/20/configuring-cygwin-cc-compiler-for-netbeans-65-under-windows/

to a tee but when I try to compile a program on NetBeans it gives the following error:

/bin/sh: .dep.inc: Permission denied
make: *** [.depcheck-impl] Error 1
BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 765ms

I've done the installation over and was vigilant to not make silly mishaps and I still get the same error. Do you know what the problem could be? Thanks for your help!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Looks like there's a file named ".dep.inc" that is either un-openable or missing. The first thing I do after an install is go to the top of the directory tree and un-set read-only permissions all the way down suing the properties panel in a file-manager program. Often when copying from {C,DV}D's files get stuck in read-only.

What is Netbeans?

Netbeans is an open-source integrated development environment (IDE) that supports multiple programming languages, including Java, C++, and HTML. It is used by developers to write, edit, and debug code, as well as manage projects and collaborate with other developers.

What is Cygwin?

Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows that provides a command-line interface and a collection of tools that can be used to compile and run programs written in various programming languages.

What is the purpose of installing Netbeans with Cygwin?

Installing Netbeans with Cygwin allows for the development of projects that require both Windows and Linux environments. This can be useful for testing and debugging code on different platforms.

What are some common installation problems with Netbeans and Cygwin?

Some common installation problems include compatibility issues with the operating system, incorrect installation of required components, and conflicts with other software on the computer.

How can I troubleshoot installation problems with Netbeans and Cygwin?

Some troubleshooting steps include checking system requirements, ensuring that all required components are installed correctly, and checking for any conflicts with other software. It may also be helpful to consult online forums or seek assistance from technical support.