How to Implement Dynamic Max/Min Control in a Simulink 2 D.O.F System?

In summary, the conversation discusses setting up control for a 2 D.O.F system with damping in Simulink. The goal is to have the control value set to a specified input if it falls between a max and min value, but if it is outside the interval, it should be set to the max or min accordingly. The challenge is that the max and min values will vary throughout the simulation, so a standard max/min function cannot be used. The individual is seeking suggestions on how to implement this control in the simulation.
19dan87
I am modelling the vibration of a 2 D.O.F system with damping in Simulink.

I want to set up control such that if the control value is between two values (max and min) then it sets the control value to the specified input but if it is outside the max and min interval then the control value is set to the max or min as appropriate.

eg.

Fd> Fmax , then set to Fmax
Fd< Fmin , then set to Fmin

If not set to Fd.

Fmax and Fmin will vary slightly throughout the simulation so can not use a max/min since they vary with time during the simulation.

Any ideas how it will be best to do this. Basically going to be three inputs into the block from the system which need to be evaluated and then the appropriate input set as the output.

I have tried IF blocks but they won't work properly for the simulation.

Thanks

Dan

Engineering news on Phys.org
I've responded to your post in the Engineering Systems & Design sub-forum. Please refrain from double posting.

1. What is Simulink Max/Min Control?

Simulink Max/Min Control is a tool within the Simulink software used for optimizing the control of a system by automatically adjusting the input signals to achieve the desired output. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific applications to improve the performance of systems.

2. How does Simulink Max/Min Control work?

This tool uses an optimization algorithm, such as gradient descent, to adjust the input signals based on the system's current state and desired output. It continuously iterates and updates the input signals until the desired output is achieved, making it an effective control tool for complex systems.

3. What types of systems can be controlled using Simulink Max/Min Control?

This tool is versatile and can be used to control a wide range of systems, such as mechanical, electrical, chemical, and biological systems. It is especially useful for systems with complex dynamics or multiple inputs and outputs.

4. What are the benefits of using Simulink Max/Min Control?

Simulink Max/Min Control can improve the performance of a system by optimizing the control signals, leading to faster response times, reduced errors, and improved stability. It also allows for the testing of different control strategies and can handle nonlinear and time-varying systems.

5. How do I use Simulink Max/Min Control in my simulations?

To use this tool, you first need to build a Simulink model of your system. Then, you can add the Max/Min Control block to your model and specify the desired output and input signals. Finally, you can run the simulation and analyze the results to see how the control signals were optimized to achieve the desired output.