Register to reply

IPS (intense pulsed light) machine to use at home

Share this thread:
migdalskiy
Apr13-11, 01:10 PM
P: 1
Hi,

My wife and I are 32 y.o. and want to keep skin appearance youthful (who doesn't?)

From my online reading, I can find very few ways to do that, and none at all to make epidermis renew like in a teenager (which is the ideal if unattainable goal). We have scars, sun damage, you name it.

There's a bunch of ultra-expensive "youth elixir" type treatments, but even when they have a clinical study, it's not normally something I'd deem as reliable, if at all believable. I may adhere to higher standards of quality than average, though, so maybe I'm just too strict.

Are there reproduced, commonly-accepted to be efficient, treatments that make skin regenerate significantly faster and/or improve skin structure and/or remove scars? My wife used Mederma to treat scars left after a major accident for years. I'm looking for something 10x more efficient that doesn't involve a plastic surgeons or skin grafts, I'm not sure such thing exists.

Absent that, I'm looking at IPS - to use primarily as tiny spider vein treatment, as well as to improve the look of skin ("facial rejuvenation" BS of a term). Non-MDs offer the treatment for outrageous amounts using cheap machines I can buy for under $2000, and doing no skilled labor. Are there people here who use such machines (what models?) at home and having any (positive or negative) feedback? It seems it's worth buying a $2000 machine to save myself an hour and $150 per treatment at a non-MD office. Why would anyone pay for it instead of buying the machine - maybe I don't know something obvious?

Thanks!
-S
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Total darkness at night is key to success of breast cancer therapy
Monitoring the rise and fall of the microbiome
Common blood thinner for pregnant women proven ineffective

Register to reply