Register to reply

Magnetic field generators

by xwolfenx
Tags: field, generators, magnetic
Share this thread:
xwolfenx
Aug18-03, 01:05 PM
P: n/a
Is it possible to make a magnetic field generat something to contain something in a compact form like say i wanted to make it thin and tube like to hold electricty or plasma something in which is to dangerous to hold but could be contained in a magnetic field sorry if im being a bit confusion im just saying if i wanted to make a strong magnetic field how would i do so and if its possible to compact like a handheld device
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Printing the metals of the future
New gadget helps the vision-impaired to read graphs
3D printing helps designers build a better brick
Chi Meson
Aug19-03, 07:21 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
" make it thin and tube like to hold electricty or plasma"
"compact like a handheld device"

I'm not going to say it's impossible, just... well, let's say that there's a Nobel Prize waiting for you if you make this.

Are you trying to be "Magneto"? Or are you doing fusion experiments?
Doc
Aug20-03, 12:59 PM
We already have something that holds electricity, or at least electricity as defined in the dictionary. It's called WIRE.

zoobyshoe
Aug20-03, 11:23 PM
P: 5,625
Magnetic field generators

Doc,

I believe you are incorrect. Wire
is not used to hold electricity
is the sence of storage that the
question implied.

A capacitor is closer to what he
was interested in, but still does-
nt fit the bill.

zoob
Doc
Aug21-03, 09:47 AM
I checked a little closer. The word electricity is not defined too well. It is pretty broad. However, they define dynamic electricity similar to how I described it in my previous post. At any rate, storing electrons staticly such as in a capacitor is nothing new either.

Register to reply